Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

LockRack

CannonDale

CannonDale

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Anyone looking for a secure carrier for their SUP or kayak have a look at Lockrack, no need for straps or rope and the arms lock the board to the rack. The one I have will hold two SUPs or a kayak.IMG_0235.JPG

Looks like a good design, as raises the bottom bottom board slightly so should prevent the any slack in the boardbag from flapping on the roof (usually cured by turning the radio up!) Does it slide into the t-tracks on the top of the roofbars, and how do you tension it?

Looks like a good design, as raises the bottom bottom board slightly so should prevent the any slack in the boardbag from flapping on the roof (usually cured by turning the radio up!) Does it slide into the t-tracks on the top of the roofbars, and how do you tension it?
Yes it does slide into the tracks and to tension you just push the black bar inwards to secure the board, there is a key to release the arm and pull it out to remove the board.

I was just looking at the lock rack thinking 'what a good idea' when the OH points points out that an iSUP can just be deflated and voila! You can slide it out of the lock - or is there something I can't see?

I was just looking at the lock rack thinking 'what a good idea' when the OH points points out that an iSUP can just be deflated and voila! You can slide it out of the lock - or is there something I can't see?

Correct, the lock works best with surfboards / hard SUPs. It’s easy to just deflate ISUP and carry / store it in the van.

With my inflatable SUP I pass a cable through the webbing carry handle at the back of the board and either lock to the towbar bike rack or roof rack.
Not perfect but someone would need to cut the webbing if they want the board. Alternatively can do the same but using one of the double plates that fit in the fin box ta her than through the webbing loop

Back