Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Long term MFD mpg resetting itself

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Reset the long term mpg as I drove out of the dealers on collection. After several thousand miles it reset and at the time I'd assumed I must have done it accidentally.

This happened again recently and I'm wondering if they reset automatically after so many months or thousands of miles? Of course it is most likely just another accidental reset but just wondered if anyone else had this?

It resets after so may miles but off the top of my head I can't remember the distance. I think it is in the handbook somewhere.

Rod

I’d assumed 9,999 miles. Mine’s on 3,000+ at the moment.

I recently read that chapter of the handbook to find that very answer.

Memory 2 resets after:
- 9,999 Km (miles); or,
- 99 hours 59 minutes driving; or,
- a hard reset.
Whichever comes first.

BUT, there are versions of the T6 which reset after:
- 1,999 Km (miles); or,
- 19 hours 59 minutes; or,
- a hard reset.

I think that the larger figure is more likely for a California.

What the manual doesn't explain is the meaning of (miles). If using imperial units, does it reset after 9,999 miles or after 6,213 miles. The way it is expressed in the handbook suggests the former, logic suggests the latter (if the former, what would the trip computer show if you switched units at 7000 miles). As resetting after 99h 59m is most likely (you would need to average >100 kph to do 9999 Km within 99h 59m) perhaps we shall never know.

Similarly, the manual does not define 'journey data'. Is it:
- ignition on; or,
- in gear; or,
- moving; or,
- something else?

00eb5ed8cea53e22d53ff74fc0a380a1.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
My reset occurred around 3.5K miles and again round about 7K miles. My long term average speed is about 35mph, so that all ties in with the 100hr limit.

Its a pity it resets as it would be nice to know the long term average.

I think I have cleared up a couple of uncertainties.

My MFD trip 2 is currently showing ~60 hours, so the reset is the higher figure. Trips begin and end with the ignition on/off.

Reset the long term mpg as I drove out of the dealers on collection. After several thousand miles it reset and at the time I'd assumed I must have done it accidentally.

This happened again recently and I'm wondering if they reset automatically after so many months or thousands of miles? Of course it is most likely just another accidental reset but just wondered if anyone else had this?
My Cali resets the ave. fuel consumption overnight.

Trip 1 data resets after 2 hours (from my recollection) with the ignition off.
Trip 2 data resets after 100 hours of cumulative journeys (or 9999 Km).

To toggle between trip 1 and trip 2 data press the OK button.

Will eventually get round to reading the handbook!

Back