Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for advices for seat covers

HappyGus

HappyGus

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi everybody,

I recently received my California Ocean T6.1.

I'm searching some seat covers for the back seats and the 2 front seat.
I'm not searching for something like those seconds skins for which you almost need a cover to protect the cover, just that it fits nicely in my second home :)

So my question: What do you use to protect yours seats? Could be DIY, something baught, or alternate ways of protecting the seats!

Thank you very much :)

I sprayed everything with 3M Scotch Gard (4 cans for £20). I then just use a throw/blanket if needed.

Scotch Gard stops water marks n makes it very easy to clean

Jackyards. A full set for a seven seat Beach is eye-wateringly expensive, but they are gorgeous. And Denise at @Jackyards is such a delight to deal with. We have had ours for 3 years and 60,000 miles. Still as lovely as ever. They go in the washing machine about twice a year.

We have jackyards seat covers not cheap but I love em
Nice, what colors did you take ?
Do you still have access to the seat pocket ? The t6.1 has three pocket in each front seat

The front seats have a pocket in the rear that is an optional extra
I think you can specify the quantity, size and position of the rear pockets. We didn't specify any, regretted it, and then bought the Brandrup ones. The hidden original pocket beneath the covers are a good place to stuff documents that you need to carry, but are unlikely to need.

I think you can specify the quantity, size and position of the rear pockets. We didn't specify any, regretted it, and then bought the Brandrup ones. The hidden original pocket beneath the covers are a good place to stuff documents that you need to carry, but are unlikely to need.
The t6.1 has three pocket, do you think it's possible to have the same layout ?

The t6.1 has three pocket, do you think it's possible to have the same layout ?
Give Denise a call and ask. Just be prepared to have to pay for every extra bit of customisation. But don't forget, if you are a VIP member, ask for your discount. It won't be automatically applied.

Give Denise a call and ask. Just be prepared to have to pay for every extra bit of customisation. But don't forget, if you are a VIP member, ask for your discount. It won't be automatically applied.
I will.
I'm not VIP member as I tought it was more adressed to the UK people(and I didn't saw there was a partnership with jackyards. How much is the reduction?

Hi everybody,

I recently received my California Ocean T6.1.

I'm searching some seat covers for the back seats and the 2 front seat.
I'm not searching for something like those seconds skins for which you almost need a cover to protect the cover, just that it fits nicely in my second home :)

So my question: What do you use to protect yours seats? Could be DIY, something baught, or alternate ways of protecting the seats!

Thank you very much :)
If you think the second skins are expensive, you best be sitting down with a stiff drink before you price up a set of Jackyards.
The inka covers are the budget option, we had some for a year & got rid, they were slippery, sweaty & made it feel like a builders van.
the Brandrup covers look and feel exactly like the original covers which means if you are just worried about the rear bench with a muddy dog etc you can just get the cover for that seat & no-one would know any different.
I would expect that when brandrup do the covers in T6.1 fabrics they will match the pockets. On their covers they just put a zip to enable access to the original pockets.

I know you said you were not interested but the Brandrup Second Skin are amazing.

I don’t worry about my seats at all, best thing is they feel quality, I had the waterproof covers for about 2 years, made the whole interior feel cheap. Second Skin covers are the best thing I’ve brought for the Cali hands down

Hi we used SEATSKINZ UK very pleased with them .

I know you said you were not interested but the Brandrup Second Skin are amazing.

I don’t worry about my seats at all, best thing is they feel quality, I had the waterproof covers for about 2 years, made the whole interior feel cheap. Second Skin covers are the best thing I’ve brought for the Cali hands down
But I thought they were quite long to setup, so can you wash them? Because otherwise it only helps you when(if!!!) you seell the cali ?

But I thought they were quite long to setup, so can you wash them? Because otherwise it only helps you when(if!!!) you seell the cali ?
They go into the washing machine on wool cycle, come out like new. About ten minutes to refit the rear seat squab, normally the seat back covers are still fine so an easy job.

They go into the washing machine on wool cycle, come out like new. About ten minutes to refit the rear seat squab, normally the seat back covers are still fine so an easy job.
And the time to refit the front one? I must admit it was one of the big down side for me, but if it's quite fast, I could make some changes.

And the time to refit the front one? I must admit it was one of the big down side for me, but if it's quite fast, I could make some changes.
About half an hour to fit front seats but mostly use spot cleaner as and when. Mind you the grand children are not allowed on them normally so they are not subjected to the incredible cruelty they inflect on the rear seat.

About half an hour to fit front seats but mostly use spot cleaner as and when. Mind you the grand children are not allowed on them normally so they are not subjected to the incredible cruelty they inflect on the rear seat.
Yeah, it's more about me that drop food when having seats pivoted ^^

Didn't take long to fit, so don't envisage this being a problem.

To be honest, knowing that the original seat covers are mint beneath them I'm not that precious about the seat covers themselves, I have a 3 year old daughter so it's enviable they will get dirty, most of this brushes off or I can clean with a baby wipe.

I haven't felt the need to wash them, but it's great knowing they can be.

Jackyards OK but I think way overpriced. The back seat doesn't really fit that well and extras didn't fit well at all. Nice styling etc.

Jackyards OK but I think way overpriced. The back seat doesn't really fit that well and extras didn't fit well at all. Nice styling etc.

I find the back seat fits brilliantly with the four front to back straps and the single port to starboard strap, so I wonder if yours is a different design to mine or if you are not fitting it the same way as I do?

I also find the extras, headrests and armrests, fit perfectly.

The single seat bases on the other hand are prone to sliding about.

Jackyards all the way. We bought some for “Gloria”. They are fantastic and the service we got was brilliant.