Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for advices for seat covers

Just before Christmas I bought INKA seat covers, not the waterpoof ones, but these only take about 30 minutes to fit.
They look really good, but sadly the quality is variable and poor. I sent the back once with the issues that I found were a problem, they did not address the issues. There are several sections where the sewing fails totally to catch the seam. I have only used the van once since fitting in December and there were five quite major areas that were faulty.
In fact during lock down I spend an hour redoing some of the major seam issues. I am not confident that where their stitching is, will stand any test of time. They were over £300.

I've found vw seats fairly bomb proof and a good clean brings them up to scratch so never really saw the need having sweaty covers just so they look good when you sell.

I spent ages looking at this and decided I would go for these after seeing various posts on here . I was looking for something that I could easily wipe down. They are an amazing fit and most people think they are factory fitted https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/premium-leather-look-seat-covers.31522/page-2 . Available from the club shop with the usual VIP discount. Only downside is fitting time, circa 3 hours or more

Just before Christmas I bought INKA seat covers, not the waterpoof ones, but these only take about 30 minutes to fit.
They look really good, but sadly the quality is variable and poor. I sent the back once with the issues that I found were a problem, they did not address the issues. There are several sections where the sewing fails totally to catch the seam. I have only used the van once since fitting in December and there were five quite major areas that were faulty.
In fact during lock down I spend an hour redoing some of the major seam issues. I am not confident that where their stitching is, will stand any test of time. They were over £300.
Hi,
Just another opinion on INKA. We have had ours for 3 years now. We intended to put them on and off but once they were on they stayed. we do a lot of wet, muddy and sandy walking and sea activities so they have been perfect to stop salt and mud stains. They don't look smart but they do a fantastic job for the money and we can wipe them clean. Ive never found them too hot even in Spain in summer though.

The main reason we stopped selling inka waterproof covers was they moved their production and the quality went downhill followed by their customer service

Hi everybody,

I recently received my California Ocean T6.1.

I'm searching some seat covers for the back seats and the 2 front seat.
I'm not searching for something like those seconds skins for which you almost need a cover to protect the cover, just that it fits nicely in my second home :)

So my question: What do you use to protect yours seats? Could be DIY, something baught, or alternate ways of protecting the seats!

Thank you very much :)
I have found this website. They do some amazing covers. https://drivedressy.com

hi, what sort of price range were they? They look expensive. Their pics look nice
Hi i think they are about £500. fitted look factory finish .wipe over with damp cloth to clean but not fully waterproof .

IMG_20200418_161219.jpg

IMG_20200418_161222.jpg

IMG_20200418_161231.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

I'm not searching for something like those seconds skins for which you almost need a cover to protect the cover, just that it fits nicely in my second home :)

So my question: What do you use to protect yours seats? Could be DIY, something baught, or alternate ways of protecting the seats!

Dont buy
Hi everybody,

Inca-corp.com responds fast and friendly, seat covers fit perfectly (at first we tried e-zone - they took our money but never sent any seat covers)

Hi everybody,

We bought cheap fleece material to loosely cover the rear seat bench pad, just tucks into the gap
On the front seats my wife sewed some elastic tape so it’s held in place round the rim of the seat and over the back, again just tucking the material into the seat gap
When it gets soiled just remove and pop in the washing machine

@HappyGus ,
my opinion to your question:
Jackyards: maritime touch, nice, but to expensive
Brandrup: good quality, too boring for me
Perhaps this is a further help for your decision:
1. from Hamburg
2. from Munich

Greetings from the coast of the Baltic Sea
Axel

We got ours from Ukatex. They're a really good fit and great quality for the price - although we haven't worked out how to secure the front seats underneath properly, to also allow them to swivel so they are just "tucked in" which can be a bit annoying as they untuck. To be honest we didn't try very hard. I think others have got the same covers so might be along to advise on this.

Having seen the Drivedressy ones though I might be tempted for a change!

We bought cheap fleece material to loosely cover the rear seat bench pad, just tucks into the gap
On the front seats my wife sewed some elastic tape so it’s held in place round the rim of the seat and over the back, again just tucking the material into the seat gap
When it gets soiled just remove and pop in the washing machine
I would love to see the result :)

@HappyGus ,
my opinion to your question:
Jackyards: maritime touch, nice, but to expensive
Brandrup: good quality, too boring for me
Perhaps this is a further help for your decision:
1. from Hamburg
2. from Munich

Greetings from the coast of the Baltic Sea
Axel
Do you have one of them? How nice do they fit? Are they easy to put/remove?

We got ours from Ukatex. They're a really good fit and great quality for the price - although we haven't worked out how to secure the front seats underneath properly, to also allow them to swivel so they are just "tucked in" which can be a bit annoying as they untuck. To be honest we didn't try very hard. I think others have got the same covers so might be along to advise on this.

Having seen the Drivedressy ones though I might be tempted for a change!
I didn't found any pictures of the seats, do you have some?

like one of the previous replies brandup second skin are superb quality perfect fit and really straight forward fit.not cheap but these must be the best.regards

I've found vw seats fairly bomb proof and a good clean brings them up to scratch so never really saw the need having sweaty covers just so they look good when you sell.
They might be bomb proof, but they certainly not water proof. The slightest drip when you open door on a wet day leaves a lovely scar.
I agree with you I prefer to just have the fabric as I don't like sweaty covers.

Hi,
Just another opinion on INKA. We have had ours for 3 years now. We intended to put them on and off but once they were on they stayed. we do a lot of wet, muddy and sandy walking and sea activities so they have been perfect to stop salt and mud stains. They don't look smart but they do a fantastic job for the money and we can wipe them clean. Ive never found them too hot even in Spain in summer though.
Are you talking about the waterproof ones, as you see from my post I am not. I have the waterproof ones and can't fault them. I am bitterly dissappointed with the quality in the fabric ones

Whichever seat covers you go for I'd advise to ensure they have been properly crash tested otherwise they can potentially stop airbags being deployed.
Are you talking about the waterproof ones, as you see from my post I am not. I have the waterproof ones and can't fault them. I am bitterly dissappointed with the quality in the fabric ones

I think they had issues with the fabric ones, am I right in saying there were never tested in relation to airbags?

Yes, nice! Do you know how the rear seats looks like? (and if we still have access to the pockets of the front seats?
We've got a 2 seater Beach: The front seat covers have pockets in the rear. I'm not sure what you mean by how does the rear seats look, but the cover fits very snugly as do the head rests. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Hi all!,
Made second skins together myself as Bandrup does'nt sell them anymore for the unrevised T5.
Materials set me back 70 euro's. Made a PU logo with a lasercutter.
Was hard to make a design that leaves the airbags exposed.
Foto 1 : left new skin, right original seatcolor. Foto 2, all, Foto 3, PU logo.

Took a year off to explore Europe with our Cali, but now we got stuck home due to the lockdowns...
So the skins will not wear much this year...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

IMG_20200413_174920474.jpg

Hi all!,
Made second skins together myself as Bandrup does'nt sell them anymore for the unrevised T5.
Materials set me back 70 euro's. Made a PU logo with a lasercutter.
Was hard to make a design that leaves the airbags exposed.
Foto 1 : left new skin, right original seatcolor. Foto 2, all, Foto 3, PU logo.

Took a year off to explore Europe with our Cali, but now we got stuck home due to the lockdowns...
So the skins will not wear much this year...

View attachment 57964

View attachment 57965

View attachment 57966

View attachment 57967
Wow they look amazing! You should go into business, please can we be first in the queue?!