Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for advices for seat covers

Great first posting. Welcome to the forum, yet another obviously very talented person to join us.

Are you talking about the waterproof ones, as you see from my post I am not. I have the waterproof ones and can't fault them. I am bitterly dissappointed with the quality in the fabric ones
Hi,
Yes i was talking about the waterproof ones, sorry that part of your post passed me by!

I would love to see the result :)
Its not a pristine job, just a practical and cheap solution. We've had them on now for 8 years. I seem to recall the fleece cost £10 including the elastic!. Photo 2 is the elastic over the back of the seat. Photo 3 front seat pad. Photo 4 is a similar cheap idea, just an off-cut of carpet, when it gets dirty (as this one is!), throw it away
To be honest I think we're about due for new seat covers as well!

IMG_0652.JPG

IMG_0653.JPG

IMG_0654.JPG

IMG_0655.JPG

After much research I decided to shell out for JackYards, also requested my own design which was not a problem. We are mountain bikers and take our Collie everywhere, these are def one life's you get what you pay for tickets. Waterproof, robust, look good and after a few miles very comfortable, no sliding off whilst going around corners. Excellent

3dd10b72-ae40-4e75-8713-85d7f4c1da86.jpg

IMG_7349.JPG

My take on diy waterproof seat cover for the two seater bench: use a waterproof baby mattress protector. These things are cheap, fit perfectly over the bench, easy and compact to bring a spare one and come in different colors or can be covered with a "normal" mattress cover that is available in many colors.

I know, my color choice could be better, but this is what I had in the closet ;-)
still planning on updating to nicer color, but with two little kids, I already saw the benefits of this easy hack!

IMG_20210303_115810.jpg

My take on diy waterproof seat cover for the two seater bench: use a waterproof baby mattress protector. These things are cheap, fit perfectly over the bench, easy and compact to bring a spare one and come in different colors or can be covered with a "normal" mattress cover that is available in many colors.

I know, my color choice could be better, but this is what I had in the closet ;-)
still planning on updating to nicer color, but with two little kids, I already saw the benefits of this easy hack!

View attachment 75278
Very nifty hack! If it's cotton with a waterproof backing, I wonder if you could dye them?

Last edited: