Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looking for recommendations to install parking heater in our Beach

C&C

C&C

Bunty the wonder-van
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello all
Got our T6 Beach van last year as an ex-demo without parking heater. We’ve decided to bite the bullet and get a parking heater retrofitted. We are based in London and wanted any recommendations from anyone that’s used a firm to do the install, haven’t been able to find reviews online and don’t want to trust Bunty to just anyone.

Really appreciate any suggestions, recommendations and input

Many thanks C

I used @SlidePods in Devon to fit mine and I love it, it is the best addition to the Beach. Appreciate they are in Devon but it's a good excuse to go for a camping trip to try it out ;)

They treated my van with great respect (like it was their own) and can do a basic install upto a OEM install.

If you can wait a few days I am getting a full install with factory vents and Webasto 7-Day Timer (Near Bed) etc to a factory standard finish next Thursday. I will post photos and give a recommendation if all goes well.

I used @SlidePods in Devon to fit mine and I love it, it is the best addition to the Beach. Appreciate they are in Devon but it's a good excuse to go for a camping trip to try it out ;)

They treated my van with great respect (like it was their own) and can do a basic install upto a OEM install.
Thanks a million for responding, will give them a call

If you can wait a few days I am getting a full install with factory vents and Webasto 7-Day Timer (Near Bed) etc to a factory standard finish next Thursday. I will post photos and give a recommendation if all goes well.

Sounds good, looking to get it done mid-feb so have some time. Will look out for your post - thanks!

Look forward to hearing how it goes and seeing some pics.

I used this guy, a little closer to London. Webasto approved installer. Very pleased with the install.
I had the exhaust run to the rear of the Cali, so the heater can be used when the awning winter pack
is used.

www.hammondauto.net

Unit 1 Merrow Depot
Merrow Lane
Guildford
Surrey GU4 7BQ
01483 502444

I used this guy, a little closer to London. Webasto approved installer. Very pleased with the install.
I had the exhaust run to the rear of the Cali, so the heater can be used when the awning winter pack
is used.

www.hammondauto.net

Unit 1 Merrow Depot
Merrow Lane
Guildford
Surrey GU4 7BQ
01483 502444

Thanks so much - will check them out!!

is used.

www.hammondauto.net

Unit 1 Merrow Depot
Merrow Lane
Guildford
Surrey GU4 7BQ
01483 502444
Interested in this as it's near me and I also have a beach needing a parking heater retro fit.
What did they do for the air inlet and outlet? Did they do a factory style outlet at the bottom of the B pillar? Would be great to see some pictures of the install. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im taking it for a service tomorrow, will take some photos in the afternoon.

There you go, I didn't even think to have the factory panels fitted.
I had the thermostat fitted there as I didn't want the van pulling apart, basic thermostat works fine
for me.
I had the exhaust run to the rear, so the winter pack can be fitted to the awning.

IMG_5730.JPG

IMG_5731.JPG

IMG_5734.JPG

Am I going mad or do you have the factory vents already in your Beach but not used?

I van has 3 zone climatronic air con I presumed they were for this?????

I van has 3 zone climatronic air con I presumed they were for this?????
There not. Climatronic has nothing to do with the Factory fit Parking Heater.

Looks like you have the Factory Hot air Exhaust vents in the B pillar but not the Factory Air Inlet vent in the footwell.

Last edited:
I don't know then.
The van was already built when we found it, one of the swivelgate vans!

It must have had factory Air Heating do you have the control panel above the rear mirror? (Assuming Beaches with Park Heating have this)

Last edited:
It must have had factory Air Heating do you have the control panel above the rear mirror? (Assuming Beaches with Park Heating have this)
According to the photo, No Factory air inlet in footwell.
Don’t know why the fitter didn’t make use of the already fitted Outlet vents, unless of course it is just the wrong plastic B pillar trims fitted and there are no vent holes in the metal B pillar.

There you go, I didn't even think to have the factory panels fitted.
I had the thermostat fitted there as I didn't want the van pulling apart, basic thermostat works fine
for me.
I had the exhaust run to the rear, so the winter pack can be fitted to the awning.

Thanks for the pics @Kevthegas. Looks a tidy job.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

they are definitely factory beach outlet vents in the pillar there

Back