Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

looking to by a 2006 1900cc T28

JohnGuppy

JohnGuppy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I have been looking for a low mileage SWB van to carry my motorcycle , I am shocked to the price they are being sold with 150,000 miles most have had commercial use
I have found a 2006 VWT26 85ps 1900cc converted to carry a wheel chair the mileage is 95K with full VW service history cam belt changed at 82k ,
I think it started as a Caravelle as it has dark class factory fitted both sides and it has found down ramp and power opening rear tailgate , unlike a van it has air con and fitted 5 seats and a tow bar

I can carry my motor cycle in the back and seat 5 people so it will do what I want but should I consider something younger welcome your comments

Thanks for your advice I am going to take the rear seats out and leave it as a 3 seater in the front , I do understand where you are coming from more interested that it has done no real hard work just used for carrying a wheel chair and as it was regular serviced by main dealer rather than buy a builders van with high mileage

One of our cousins has a 85bhp converted van which is so slow as to be dangerous IMO. Just about stops at the sight of a hill and virtually impossible to overtake anything faster than a tractor.
Have to taken it out for a good trial run?

Thanks for your comments , I agree it is the lower power model and would not consider it for conversion in any form I have a T6 Cal
Took it for a 15 mile run and it ran fine 1.9 TDI engine must confess it ran at 70 on the motor way

The advantages to me came with
Power winch
Power real tailgate
Fold down ramp
Full main dealer service history
Glass windows both sides with windows
tow bar
It ticked all the boxes and was priced under most I looked at with 150k miles so I have bought it

But did find little handles on the door you wind then round and round and guess what the glass goes up or down I am sure they will catch on so less to go wrong

so I am pleased and will still wave if I see you
thanks for all the help

Power steering and central looking with an alarm and a fire extinguisher air con does not work :Depressed
don't know how to add pictures

abcd.jpg s-l1600.jpg

That looks nice thing. As for power it may well be a bit sluggish but it depends on what you are use to. If you've ever driven a T2 then the T26 will be like a sports car, however the 1.9tdi can be chipped by a good 20hp with no issue if your really that fussed. There are loads of 85hp vans that fly past me every morning doing 90. If it ticks all your boxes and it looks as nice in the flesh as in the pictures and with a full VW History to boot it seems a good buy.

Go on the T4/5/6 forum or FB page for more info, as it's a very common discussion but people seem to rate Pendle. No personal experience so YMMV.

That spec looks more like a Shuttle than a Caravelle but if it does the job I'd have it. The 1.9 is a grumbly and coarse thing (comparatively speaking) but I ran them for years and they are bulletproof.