Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

going to see a beach tomorrow

S

sandalfarm

Vehicle
T5 Beach
We are going to see a ve beach in the morning in Edinburgh it appears it was not fitted with air con when new, a vw mistake. But has lots of other stuff and not a high mileage I'll report back later, not even driven a van since I took my test in a split screen many years ago

Good luck :)

A california is a permanent smile ... but then I'm biased..

"Not fitted with air con by mistake" - I would be VERY WARY of that explanation. As far as I know Cali's in every market get some form of air con.
Be careful. I'd be wanting a HUGE reduction as when it comes to resale, I'm not sure I'd be wanting to try and sell the only Cali without such a 'necessity' (nowadays).

I agree with T4WFA, be careful, however I recall somebody ordering an SE which arrived with no aircon.... There is a discussion on the forum about this from around 18 months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you could retro fit cab a/c for around a couple of k ? And as long as it is reflected in the price say around 4/5 k then all would be well . But a/c is a must in a Cali IMHO

Can't see an A/C retrofit being anything but a nightmare tbh.

I could live without AC, the main problem is returning to a hot van, but you have massive doors to let the heat out. However it would need to be a big discount. Also check with Edinburgh about parking sensors, when I was buying they never installed them on their demos....

reserves said:
Can't see an A/C retrofit being anything but a nightmare tbh.

In what respect would it be a nightmare ?If the Beach in question is significantly cheaper than the equivalent model with a/c ,then retro fitted a/c ( manual front cab only ) is a viable option and gets you into a Cali Beach when you may or may not have been able to afford it.

Have a look in the Beach section for a thread along the lines of "Beach collection disaster" It sounds like the op might have been the original owner (until They got a replacement anyway). As others have said on this and that post a Cali without aircon is significantly more difficult to sell.
The question of retrofitting AC gets asked on the T4 forum also but I can't ever recall seeing a post reporting success.

Hi

Retro fitting A/C is a big job but as long as it's done by someone who knows what there doing then it's fine...

It won't be factory fit and won't look the same BUT can be done as long as there is a kit for it.

If you let me know the vehicle details eg engine size, bhp,year i can let you know if there is a kit for can also help pointing you in the right direction as to who can fit it.

BUT would want a big discount on the beach.

Shaun

Ah well I bought it, it was the one in the previous post the price and trade in were good given the other spec, only had air con in one car and its not used that much even in Spain in summer pick it up in a week or so can't wait

sandalfarm said:
Ah well I bought it, it was the one in the previous post the price and trade in were good given the other spec, only had air con in one car and its not used that much even in Spain in summer pick it up in a week or so can't wait

Great stuff... :clap

If you do want to look into getting A/C at some point them give me a shout as i work one of the two company's that make and design A/C kits for vehicles... :thumb

Shaun

Sweet... If you have any questions when you get it then just shout... ☺

Shaun

sandalfarm said:

Congratulations ,I'm sure you will enjoy it :D

Can you now change the topic heading ...

It sounds too much like what my post-grad students used to say to their friends the night before their course assessment .... :eek:

GrannyJen said:
Can you now change the topic heading ...

It sounds too much like what my post-grad students used to say to their friends the night before their course assessment .... :eek:

I didn't know that you used to teach Spanish !!!