Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Looks like we have a VW price fix guarantee on no deal Brexit charge?

Has anyone had confirmation that this applies to VW Commercial Vehicle retail customers?

Yay how fantastic is that for all of us with orders in plus those that still have a few weeks to get an order in!
I might even make a few purchases soon - already started gathering recommended campsites off the forum so I can plan a few trips next year God willing :D

Fantastic news. Thanks all

I'm guessing but in that case I'd assume it must be because you were the importer. Did you instruct a Customs Agent to clear the goods through customs? If yes, you were presumably the importer who was liable for the Duty, whereas with the Cali you aren't the importer. [Alternatively, the shipping agent in your previous cases, e.g. a DHL, might pay the actual Duty via their 'deferment account' with HMRC, then send you a bill for an amount equal to the duty.]

I keep using the expression "an amount equal to the Duty" because it's probably the important distinction. In the case of the Cali, VW is anticipating that the Duty payable by them to the UK Government may increase from nil to something, and they've referred to protecting against "price rises" in the OP's email because VW and their dealers are saying they'll absorb the cost of Duty imposed on them by HMRC and not pass it on to you through a price rise.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, it's only because I've had CNN on for about 3 days straight so repetition has become normality.
"I've had CNN on for about 3 days straight so repetition has become normality." hahaha ! :)

I've seen some where on the forum, that that although VW are offering a price protection re Brexit on vehicles ordered before 2nd of December, they have to be registered by the 31st of March 2021. Has anyone got confirmation that this is a fact.

I've seen some where on the forum, that that although VW are offering a price protection re Brexit on vehicles ordered before 2nd of December, they have to be registered by the 31st of March 2021. Has anyone got confirmation that this is a fact.
Yes I have read this, I think it's on the website

It is what my dealer read out to me when there to discuss a Beach on Wednesday of this week. He said it was info sent to the dealers.

I got this from autoebid today View attachment 69320
Seems a difficult legal concept to me, that if VW decide to deliver on 1 April they can offset their own cost. Their own inability to deliver in 4 months costs the customer who ordered on 1 December...

They are just trying to fill the order book / boost PNL. Too may sales will be lost if they try to collect Brexit tax from the final buyer, which in turn have a huge economic impact in Germany to VW and all associated businesses / suppliers; Hence more likely that any 'tax' if actually enforced will be covered the home country to protect the industry.

Just spoken to VW Customer Care Services. They confirmed that vehicle orders placed before the 2nd Dec will be priced protected, providing the vehicle is delivered by the March 31st 2021. They said this may be reviewed next year!
So currently, orders now being placed for California's aren't price protected, because the build delay is 6-months Plus.

Just spoken to VW Customer Care Services. They confirmed that vehicle orders placed before the 2nd Dec will be priced protected, providing the vehicle is delivered by the March 31st 2021. They said this may be reviewed next year!
So currently, orders now being placed for California's aren't price protected, because the build delay is 6-months Plus.

One for advertising standards to investigate....

//
The ASA may take the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 into account when it rules on complaints about marketing communications that are alleged to be misleading. See Appendix 1 for more information about those Regulations.

The ASA will take into account the impression created by marketing communications as well as specific claims. It will rule on the basis of the likely effect on consumers, not the marketer's intentions.
//

One for advertising standards to investigate....

//
The ASA may take the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 into account when it rules on complaints about marketing communications that are alleged to be misleading. See Appendix 1 for more information about those Regulations.

The ASA will take into account the impression created by marketing communications as well as specific claims. It will rule on the basis of the likely effect on consumers, not the marketer's intentions.
//
If they know they can’t deliver before the potential tax would be imposed, their guarantee is worthless, but is no doubt attracting customers

VW should be challenged on this for sure. It is a ridiculous situation/statement as we all know they won't be able to deliver before end of March if you order on 1 December. Especially if you order a 204.

This makes me so angry and tempted to pull my order. I most likely won't, but it's still a joke...
:mad:

I find the misinformation floating about on this really frustrating. My dealer has sent me confirmation today that the price protection applies to vehicles delivered by the end of Mar 21, and to vehicles that are delivered post end Mar 21 as long as they are collected within 28 days of consignment. I’m not going to question that, it is exactly what was put out in initial communications on the subject, is aligned to the information published on the VWCV website; and is sensible.

I find the misinformation floating about on this really frustrating. My dealer has sent me confirmation today that the price protection applies to vehicles delivered by the end of Mar 21, and to vehicles that are delivered post end Mar 21 as long as they are collected within 28 days of consignment. I’m not going to question that, it is exactly what was put out in initial communications on the subject, is aligned to the information published on the VWCV website; and is sensible.
Yes Autoebid's communication with @sewb was light on detail...

Back