Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Autoebid price guarantee note

C

CaspersCali

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hi

Just about to confirm on a coast order with autoebid but noticed something I wasn't expecting on an email from them.

'Please note that VW are no longer offering price protection for orders. Price increases between order and delivery will be passed on'

Anyone else seen/queried this with them. I'm not really fancying leaving myself open to multiple price increases. Potentially makes the deal unviable for me.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi

Just about to confirm on a coast order with autoebid but noticed something I wasn't expecting on an email from them.

'Please note that VW are no longer offering price protection for orders. Price increases between order and delivery will be passed on'

Anyone else seen/queried this with them. I'm not really fancying leaving myself open to multiple price increases. Potentially makes the deal unviable for me.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Call them ask the question, put it in writing (if they confirm price is fixed).
Ask VW dealer if the same applies (which I think is in the small print regarding price increase being potentially applied after order date )

Make your choice from the responses

And if you ordered now you probably have 3 price increases by the time you got it. Quite a risk and possibly an extra £5k to pay.

I have just placed an order through them. Just have to accept that the price will probably go up. It’s such a long lead time currently and you can always pull out and get your deposit back.

Is this just on new orders ? I ordered at the start of September

I have just placed an order through them. Just have to accept that the price will probably go up. It’s such a long lead time currently and you can always pull out and get your deposit back.
Can you get your deposit back?

I'm yet to see the terms on the deposit but I assume it might take some wrangling to get back? Would love to know I'm wrong.

The price is only going to go one way. I might pull the plug now and stick with the Beach. Its got years left in it.

There would have to be a mechanism to let you pull out otherwise they could raise the price as much as they wanted. Apparently the dealers are open to returning the deposits as they can’t order vans for stock currently.

They must give you your deposit back if they're not fulfilling their agreement. If my Cali isn't delivered by June 30th, then I'll be cancelling and demanding my deposit back!

Disgusting in my opinion

This is being seen across many supply chains now, due to long lead times on pretty much everything and constantly increasing costs. Pretty much impossible to quote for anything that takes more than a few months to make and deliver. Everything I have been involved in (not vehicles) has the option to cancel on announcement of increased cost as they know there will be plenty willing to pay the extra to take your place in line.

This is being seen across many supply chains now, due to long lead times on pretty much everything and constantly increasing costs. Pretty much impossible to quote for anything that takes more than a few months to make and deliver. Everything I have been involved in (not vehicles) has the option to cancel on announcement of increased cost as they know there will be plenty willing to pay the extra to take your place in line.
How can people cancel when they don't know when they'll get their van though ? I'm supposedly getting my van in June, which means I get it at the agreed price, but if it comes later then I have to pay the increased price. Crap news tbh

Of course it's crap news! I was simply saying that it currently applies to everything from VW Cali's to Cardboard boxes, every supply chain for every product is suffering from this. When you manufacture something you have a margin of profit at the end, this normally covers the ebbs and flows in supply chain costs if 1 or 2 things increase in cost then your margin can cover it, if your whole supply chain is telling you that the cost of materials will be the cost at the point of delivery and not the point of order then you have no choice but to do the same to your customer (with the option to cancel if the price increases). It's crap, it's not what we expect but it is happening and it is happening everywhere!