Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lost keys

This has made me consider getting some tile or similar like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MDODWS6/?tag=eliteelect-21

I think it is certainly worth getting something like this - a lot cheaper than a new key.
The other thing I would really recommend after this is when ordering a new vehicle also take advantage of the special price to order additional keys. So, if you have placed an order and haven't added them to the spec might be worth thinking about it.

door only and big warnings about damage if you try and use it in the ignition....

Is there any way of stopping it doing this, other than to keep the keys with you at all times? I have been regularly leaving them in their 'place' which is hanging on the coat hook by the passenger door while I converse with my neighbours.
Going to do a thorough search today. I remember leaving my husband working inside the van and saying to him 'the keys are beside you on the seat. Don't sit on them'. I didn't want him to damage the seat! There was a blanket under them but my first area of search will be the drawer.
Also wondering if it is possible to securely locate a basic key which opens the doors externally somewhere in case the auto lock happens?
Appreciate that this would have to be very secure.
As he was cleaning the cooker lid at the time are they under the glass lid in the sink or even cutlery drawer? How about the pockets on the back of the seat too?
Retrace steps.....

In case anyone dorsn't know or realise. The keyblade can be removed from the remote fob. You can use a plain key to access the vehicle and provided the keyless remote fob is within about 10cms of the ignition barrel then the plain key can start the vehicle and unlock the steering lock.

In case anyone dorsn't know or realise. The keyblade can be removed from the remote fob. You can use a plain key to access the vehicle and provided the keyless remote fob is within about 10cms of the ignition barrel then the plain key can start the vehicle and unlock the steering lock.
Looking for a solution for when I lock myself out of the Cali with the keys inside. As I've got 4 sets of keys I took the blade out of one and no trouble opening the car, surprised me though that the alarm activated which is a good thing. I'm presuming by that there is a sensor in the door lock similar to the one in the ignition.

Mike

Looking for a solution for when I lock myself out of the Cali with the keys inside. As I've got 4 sets of keys I took the blade out of one and no trouble opening the car, surprised me though that the alarm activated which is a good thing. I'm presuming by that there is a sensor in the door lock similar to the one in the ignition.

Mike
Might be, but more likely the movement sensor if you opened the door even slightly.

I'll try it later

Curiosity got the better of me.

With car locked, one click, setting all the alarms I can give the car a good shove and no alarms. As soon as I unlock the door though the alarm activates without open the door and no vibration.

Mike

Last edited:
I'll try it later

Mike
All you have to do is leave the Remote Fob without the key, somewhere in the vehicle to switch off the alarm. Doesn't really matter if the alarm goes off as long as you can switch off the alarm.
If camping with the roof up then you should have the Internal alarm off anyway as any draft through the roof vents can set the Internal alarm off.

All you have to do is leave the Remote Fob without the key, somewhere in the vehicle to switch off the alarm. Doesn't really matter if the alarm goes off as long as you can switch off the alarm.
If camping with the roof up then you should have the Internal alarm off anyway as any draft through the roof vents can set the Internal alarm off.
Yep that's what I'll be doing.

Mike

Back