Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Low mileage Cali about to come out of warranty

doug

doug

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I am after some advice as I have had my Cali from new and it has only done just over 6,000 miles in the last 3 years. Of course I planned to use it a lot more, and I will this year, but I am nervous that it hasn’t done sufficient miles for some build faults to surface. I have had a good look around and there is only one very minor issue with a rear air vent that could do with fixing but nothing else. (Of course I have the roof corrosion problem but I am not worried about that for the moment - I will join the end of the queue).

I plan to take it to a local dealer to get them to fix the vent but should there be a pre-end of warranty checklist of things I should be looking for – or can I ask the dealer to do an inspection?

Any thoughts?

Doug.

Any good dealer will be able to check it over for you
Visit SMG in cowfold

SMG, but also Heritage in Bristol have a good reputation for that sort of thing.

I would have thought that three year warranty inspection was fairly standard.

Remember MOT can be done 1 month before it is 3 years old, had a chat to both SMG and Breeze who said they do a free check with MOT and should bring up any issues pr ior to hitting end of warranty

As above. I would definitely advise having the MOT at least 3 to 4 weeks before the end of the warranty and have a pre warranty check by a Dealership that knows the California, not just the local VW Van Dealership. Also remember that the vehicle service and consumable parts should be based on TIME as well as MILAGE. eg: Oil should be changed on a time and/or MILAGE basis. Tyres, it is suggested should be changed every 5 yrs no matter if they do not require it based on tread depth as the compound can degrade over time.;)

Thank you all very much for the feedback. I had forgotten all about it needing a MOT :oops: It's first and only service was at a VW Van dealer who acted as though they hadn't seen a Cali before, so I will book it into Heritage in Bristol as suggested. They can also do what is required to add me to the roof fix list.

Doug

Back