Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Luggage anchor points

PRANDLES

PRANDLES

Harold & Hilda
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
The luggage area in the California doesn't have any!
Are anchorage points available to attach to the seat guide rails in the floor?
Harold&Hilda

Hi there. I don't know personally, but I am sure that someone will be along shortly to help answer this for you.
Luke

Great idea for securing heavy loads but not sure of the strength of the seat rails if pulled from above.

Maybe Alex at SMG can help.

The California Beach has 4 spring loaded anchor points at the ends of the seat rails (in the floor)
I have just been informed by VW Parts Dept that they may soon be available to order, for the Cali.
Watch this space!
Pete Randles

Update -
I was told by a (main dealer) VW parts dept that the luggage anchor points found on the California Beach were compatible with the California. The same dealer tried to fit them this week - but not possible! The Beach has captured nuts at the end of the sliding seat floor channels - unfortunately the Cali hasn't!
Pete

Update -
I was told by a (main dealer) VW parts dept that the luggage anchor points found on the California Beach were compatible with the California. The same dealer tried to fit them this week - but not possible! The Beach has captured nuts at the end of the sliding seat floor channels - unfortunately the Cali hasn't!
Pete
Hi anymore news on this thread... I would like to add anchor points to the seat rails in my California.
Thanks Paul

Ha ha Welshgas we must be searching the same thing on eBay :thumb

I'd posted that link to someone who wanted a tie down to attach their dog lead to. I have a fold down one, but it doesn't fold that flat standing proud by about 1cm.
I got mine from a forum member who had got a pack of 4 from Germany at a cost of a £100 or so but only needed 2.

Thanks Guys.... seems the advantage with the T head type is they can be slotted in and taken out when not in use ?

Just been to have my van service at Hereford van centre and notice that they had a new California Beach on show. So had a quick nose about and notice that it had spring loaded anchor points. I asked parts depth for the price and it's approx £30. Parts rep said he couldn't be sure that it would fit into the rails of a Ocean.
Has anyone retrofited one to their Ocean and does it come in the Ocean light grey colour
20190524_131155.jpg

Just been to have my van service at Hereford van centre and notice that they had a new California Beach on show. So had a quick nose about and notice that it had spring loaded anchor points. I asked parts depth for the price and it's approx £30. Parts rep said he couldn't be sure that it would fit into the rails of a Ocean.
Has anyone retrofited one to their Ocean and does it come in the Ocean light grey colour
View attachment 45304
[/QUOTE
That won't fit mine, but mine is a T5 i thought that the T6's were the same
as mine though. 45305

You could try these, easy to fit and you can move them around. Bought off eBay. 45310

View attachment 45304
These look great . I have the same as WG and can confirm not the best when stood on.

Can't image the pain if you stand on some other's available

Back