Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lumber supports - are yours rubbish?

Jeff_Brown

Jeff_Brown

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi All

I've just been told by a main dealer that the front seat lumber supports on the 6.1 are much less noticeable because they "are more padded".

Having owned multiple VW T5 vans. which had a very obvious lumber supports when fully adjusted, I find that hard to believe.

I have a 2019 6.1 and when fully up or down on the dial there is hardly any difference at all.

Are they just being lazy because I am asking for this under warranty?

Or is there an adjustment I can make myself?

Any advice appreciated!

Jeff

Hi All

I've just been told by a main dealer that the front seat lumber supports on the 6.1 are much less noticeable because they "are more padded".

Having owned multiple VW T5 vans. which had a very obvious lumber supports when fully adjusted, I find that hard to believe.

I have a 2019 6.1 and when fully up or down on the dial there is hardly any difference at all.

Any advice appreciated!

Jeff
I concur. Mine feels like it does nothing at all, at either extreme of winding.

Hi All

Any advice appreciated!

Jeff
Lumbar support has been a non working option ever since the t5. Many people have tried to fix, but unsuccessfully. Some have changed to range rover seats but then they will not rotate. Don't think the workshop can do anything.

When I had my 2020 Ocean seats recovered the upholsterer reattached the lumbar support. He said that they are badly designed and fail easily.

Now i understand why I don't notice much difference whichever way I turn the knob...

I had my 2018 T6 seats recovered in leather with Gti side bolsters, and has made a massive difference in comfort/ support.

We have the 6.1 and ours fine. I don't like a support that feels like it's shoving my back forward too much so maybe that helps!

Hi All

Any advice appreciated!

Jeff
I thought mine was a volume control for the radio !
I rotated the knob to both extremes whilst stationary thinking I was missing the subtle support being gently arranged into the small of my back whilst driving. Anyway I couldn’t tell either way

Hi All

Any advice appreciated!

Jeff
The 6.1 seats are the worst seats I’ve ever sat in.
I use a 2” thick 14” square memory foam pad to stop my knees being higher than my backside.
And a 1” thick 12” squares hard’ish foam free from from some upholster’er in Quarry Bonk, against my lower back.
Now the seat is comfortable and I no longer get nerve spasm’s in my feet from sitting like I’m having a poo on a French hole in the ground.
When I get them recovered in 4 years, I’ll get the seats bolstered in and around me.