Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Lumber supports - are yours rubbish?

I looked long and hard into this.
Rang a few good converters and they didn’t want to know.
It’s a real faff. No real way of wiring up the airbag in the side of the seat of Audi / Skoda.
Would have to buy another swivel from a guy from Facebook.
Then the seat bolt holes into the rail, are not the same.
It was too much even for me, and I’m an engineer.
They would always be a compromise.
And I wasn’t prepared to risk it in an accident or a warranty issue.
So that’s a no from me :(
But if you’re out of warranty and want to take a risk, it’s a free world. ;)
I wonder if the Sharavan seats will fit in the T6 with less hassle

I had a guy lined up who is moving from Portsmouth to Shropshire who can adjust and add foam and reupholster.
I can send you his number if your near Shropshire ?
I'm about 40 mins from Portsmouth! Shropshire is a bit of a trek. Thanks so much though, much appreciated.

I'm going to call Van Haven and Coastal Covers, both in Dorset and not too far from me.

Try This:

Or These, which everyone else puts in their conversions (inc Hymer)

Do you mean these?

They're a bit much for me. Not crazy about the Bentley style diamond stitch pattern which ends up in a lot of conversions too.

Keen to get them looking as close to my T5 seats as possible. Will post a pic of them when I get a chance.

1.-Sports-Seats-Grey-ABT.png

Do you mean these?

They're a bit much for me. Not crazy about the Bentley style diamond stitch pattern which ends up in a lot of conversions too.

Keen to get them looking as close to my T5 seats as possible. Will post a pic of them when I get a chance.

View attachment 128042
No I've got aguti seats in my new van and they spin, are height adjustable and (compared to a California) Sooooo comfortable, so far i've seen them in swifts, hymers, sunlight, etrusco, lumbar is available, both manual and electric but tbh the seat back is such a nice shape I don't need it. The beach was lovely but two hours was maximum or else I couldn't walk afterwards.

No I've got aguti seats in my new van and they spin, are height adjustable and (compared to a California) Sooooo comfortable, so far i've seen them in swifts, hymers, sunlight, etrusco, lumbar is available, both manual and electric but tbh the seat back is such a nice shape I don't need it. The beach was lovely but two hours was maximum or else I couldn't walk afterwards.
Ah great. Sounds v interesting, thanks. Will investigate further!

Agreed that the lumber support is not good.

I prefer to wind the lumber fully back so that I have no lumber support active. I find this far more comfortable.

The 6.1 seats are the worst seats I’ve ever sat in.
I use a 2” thick 14” square memory foam pad to stop my knees being higher than my backside.
And a 1” thick 12” squares hard’ish foam free from from some upholster’er in Quarry Bonk, against my lower back.
Now the seat is comfortable and I no longer get nerve spasm’s in my feet from sitting like I’m having a poo on a French hole in the ground.
When I get them recovered in 4 years, I’ll get the seats bolstered in and around me.
I have done much the same with my seat and with significant success too.
But I also find the footbrake placed too high from the floor. It's not easy to smoothly brake with your foot hanging freely in the air. So I've added a raise to the floor.
Ideally I'd like to replace both the seat and pedals with those from my wife's Jazz Hybrid which I find supremely comfortable, but I'm guessing that would not be easy. ;)

Back