Lumps on my beloved Grom and Manny

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
My wee boy has a lump on his tail discovered by his wonderful groomer. Tomorrow he has surgery to have it removed and histology will follow.
He is 9 years old and like a puppy in the garden, so fingers crossed this is just a cyst and nothing sinister.
His nephew (my wonderful Manny) was in a couple of days ago with a large lump which developed within 24-48 hours… and was fortunately diagnosed as a cyst (in the spot he had his rabies booster 9 days earlier).
I seem to be spending my life (and money) at the vets this year…
Prayers for Gromit please.

EB0FFC1F-5B0F-4763-923F-9ED7995486A3.jpeg

93D3939A-4CD1-4E2C-9889-92AEFD74B43F.jpeg

E5C113F4-7900-4997-8519-46749A23773B.jpeg

In my thoughts and Prayers Alison xx
Thank you Jen. I’m just a bit broken right now. This year or so has been a tad too tough…

Thank you Jen. I’m just a bit broken right now. This year or so has been a tad too tough…
Hi we had the same thing with both our dogs really hard times spent many thousands of pounds but it was worth it fingers crossed for you

Hi we had the same thing with both our dogs really hard times spent many thousands of pounds but it was worth it fingers crossed for you
Thank you. It’s been a bit much, 3 out of 4 dogs. That now meaning the two girls need to be spayed (so affecting all four). So no more breeding from any of them. At least I know one of the lumps isn’t cancer.
And on the plus, all 4 are full of beans every day.

Grom had his lump removed today. The vet and vet nurses say he was a dream and so sweet (not sure they operated on the right dog ). His tail looks like he has had a poodle groom, but most of his gorgeous tail hair is still there.
Ellie was horrified by the cone and barked ferociously at him so they are now separated by a baby gate until she realises who it is. She’s a real sweet heart so this was a shock for me.
I now have a row of tablets in the kitchen for Manny and Grom. Painkillers and antibiotics.
Oh, and wine bottles for my medicine…

53A2EC44-7F9E-4F75-858C-DFF5928B9B80.jpeg

Blimey you’re having a tough old time at the moment, fingers crossed things get better for you and all them woofs.

Blimey you’re having a tough old time at the moment, fingers crossed things get better for you and all them woofs.
Thank you. Yes, three out of four needing treatment in the last few months. All quite scary.
It makes a huge difference when others recognise that - so thank you.

Thank you. Yes, three out of four needing treatment in the last few months. All quite scary.
It makes a huge difference when others recognise that - so thank you.
Hopefully things will get better going forward he looks quite happy with this plastic collar on my old dogs would have gone mad with one of them on

So sorry to hear this Alison; you really have been through the wars with your four legged friends this year. Keeping everything crossed for happy outcomes xx

Fingers crossed for you, they are all beautiful dogs.

Hope you get the news with the best outcome! Whatever size and age they are still our fur babies! And they have been so important to our mental health through the Covid crisis. When I came out of hospital recently after my hysterectomy I couldn’t wait for Buttons to come back from kennels....otherwise I would have had to talk to myself! All the best Judith and Buttons the Pugahuahua

His lump is benign and was taken off with good margins. I got the results whilst travelling to Cumbria for training camp. What a weekend.
Trainers were both in GB squad for agility. Great feedback for my young dogs. I’m exhausted but ecstatic and still hyper despite the long pack up and 4.5hr drive.

84370FEA-1A7F-4E3D-989D-6AFAD459DB0B.jpeg

His lump is benign and was taken off with good margins. I got the results whilst travelling to Cumbria for training camp. What a weekend.
Trainers were both in GB squad for agility. Great feedback for my young dogs. I’m exhausted but ecstatic and still hyper despite the long pack up and 4.5hr drive.

View attachment 81061
Phew! So pleased for you and your dogs. Such a relief! My dogs are my world so I know how you must have been feeling.

Good news. Hope you enjoyed your training.

Good news. Hope you enjoyed your training.
It was very good. Two GB squad trainers. Dogs did me proud in a new environment / people / dogs and torrential rain. We got lots of useful tips and plenty of homework which we start on tomorrow as need to unpack and dry things out today!

View attachment 81061
Great news, and glad you’re getting out in the van too.
Did you sleep in it?
Have you had your crates made yet, would be good to see a pic of you have.

Great news, and glad you’re getting out in the van too.
Did you sleep in it?
Have you had your crates made yet, would be good to see a pic of you have.
I slept in the Eriba. Friend will be in Cali in Sept.
Crates arriving this week I hope… 4-6 weeks is already 4 months… I had to use cable ties and collapsible crates turned forwards in the van this weekend. Was a faff but workable. Canmt wait to have the real thing.

Back