Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Please check your dogs regularly for lumps.

Hope you all managed to get some sleep and she feels a bit brighter today.
I lifted her on to my bed and cuddled her all night. She was gently crying which got more pronounced around 4.30 so have her painkiller (which has to go with food) and then tried to take her outside for the toilet - but she refused (just lay on the grass and curled up).
All tired today...

I lifted her on to my bed and cuddled her all night. She was gently crying which got more pronounced around 4.30 so have her painkiller (which has to go with food) and then tried to take her outside for the toilet - but she refused (just lay on the grass and curled up).
All tired today...
Not surprised but sorry to hear that; it was a big day for both of you, and you both need to rest and recover. Take care of yourselves.

I used some safety pins to make the surgical suit fit. Now she doesn’t need the pesky collar (cone or blow up) and is immediately more relaxed.
After a wee / poo walk this morning I had to put the cone of shame on her whilst I walked the others, and even 5 mins later she was standing stock still exactly as I had left her. This was what I feared and why I had asked the vet to provide a surgical suit that fitted if the one I provided didn’t. Instead he almost shouted at me saying I as wasting his time operating if I wasn’t prepared to use the plastic buster collar. I felt awful all night for her.
At least now she is comfortable. And yes, the vet will be getting some strong feedback.
I appreciate all the comments and support on here. These situations are hard with 4 dogs, living alone and Covid restrictions. The forum support is amazing. Thank you.

71A6A408-FFF1-4EAF-B8D9-296187304B47.jpeg

All tired today...
We feel for you, when a dog is in pain or cries it’s heartbreaking. We have never used a buster cone when any of our dogs have had surgery, our view is they make the dog more anxious. We would be changing Vets, how dare he behave like that to you, how unprofessional and at a time when you are clearly worried about your dog. No one knows your dog better than you, if you say the cone isn’t appropriate for your dog he should be working with you on alternatives. We hope tonight is better for you all.

We feel for you, when a dog is in pain or cries it’s heartbreaking. We have never used a buster cone when any of our dogs have had surgery, our view is they make the dog more anxious. We would be changing Vets, how dare he behave like that to you, how unprofessional and at a time when you are clearly worried about your dog. No one knows your dog better than you, if you say the cone isn’t appropriate for your dog he should be working with you on alternatives. We hope tonight is better for you all.
I have used some safety pins and all sorted - she has slept for two hours without problem.
Believe me, there will be an email sent back to vet practice.
I am seeing a different vet every time I visit. The only consistent thing is the receptionists and the vet nurses.
Something is not right. That is for sure.
Anyway, in the meantime Peaches is settled and we wait and see if the lumps in her mammary gland were cysts or tumours and then benign or malignant. At least I already know the x-rays were ok. And bloods ok with a couple a bit out of normal range.

F4735B53-BA93-40D9-A000-A4E04901C62B.jpeg

All tired today...

Bless you Allison.

It's heart wrenching when our best friends are in so much pain. All we can do is to give back some of that unconditional love that they give us.

I hope all is better today.

Jen x

Bless you Allison.

It's heart wrenching when our best friends are in so much pain. All we can do is to give back some of that unconditional love that they give us.

I hope all is better today.

Jen x
I shouldn’t have a favourite. But she gave up the will to live at 8 days old. I had to drag her mum away from the others every 2-3 hours to let her get breast milk and supplement with formula for almost 2 weeks. She was the first to steal mums solids. And has been my agility queen.
Fingers crossed all is ok. And even better if I can get a wee girl from her in the future.
Right now I just want her to be healthy. x

Back