Maintaining Batterys during Winter

California_Clarky

California_Clarky

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Apologies if this has been asked before but I cant seem to find a definitive answer.

As I wont be using my Cali as much during the winter I dont want to Sorn it and not use it because I feel the that will have a detrimental effect on vehicle just leaving to stand , but in order to maintain the batteries how often should I put it on EHU at home and how often should I give it a run out and what is the minimum I should aim to do.

TIA

I’ve owned my 2008 Cali since 2009 and I’m still using the original batteries that last 4 days with the fridge on. No heater.

Our van is used for summer use and spends the rest of the time parked up in a bay down the road. For months and months. The only time I plug it in at home is the night before we go somewhere and I load the fridge. The only exception is we do occasionally use it for day trips and maybe one Airbnb trip a year. The rest of the time it sits idle for winter etc. They have gone flat at least 3 times.

I honestly think all batteries vary enormously. I couldn’t have treated mine worse if I tried. After 16 years I’m considering getting new batteries or a solar top up. 2 new batteries are cheaper than solar.

Back