Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Winter Tyre of the Moment

Jason wallace

Jason wallace

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm hoping this wont turn into another Winter Tyres Yes/No kind if thread. But for what ever reasons i have decided to put on some winter steels inc winter Tyres.

Most of the historic threads are getting on a bit now and seeing as its coming up to the point where other may also be thinking about this, i was wondering if there were any clear winners or stand out options that people should look at or consider.

I'm personally looking for something to go on some 17 inc VW Steels and will probably look at sticking with my existing tyre size 235/55 R17 (i have Spider Spikes, so the issue if chains is not so much an issue).

Thanks

Jason,I'm going to fit a set of these - Nokian weatherproof 235/60 r17 106h xl
Regards,
Dougie

Last edited:
Thanks.....those are a all season/4 season tyre? Would there not be any problems with those tyres?

Jason,I'm going to fit a set of these - Nokian weatherproof 235/60 r17 106h xl
Regards,
Dougie

I've just fitted some Continental VanContact Winter (215/60 R17C 109/107T 8PR Dual Branding 104H) bought from BuyCarParts.co.uk for £113 per corner. Their euro rating (braking distance and fuel economy are both good).

Got my nearly new steel wheels from Harvey Atkinson in Scunthorpe find him on Facebook in the T5/6 forum £200 for 4 with nearly new summer tyres - which I've just sold on eBay for... …£200 ;) He's got plenty more steelies and quite a few other T6 alloys

Anyone fitted Michelin Cross Climate +?

Recently fitted two to front wheels when factory fitted tyres were worn out (18,000 miles).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Assuming that price is exc VAT?

I've just fitted some Continental VanContact Winter (215/60 R17C 109/107T 8PR Dual Branding 104H) bought from BuyCarParts.co.uk for £113 per corner. Their euro rating (braking distance and fuel economy are both good).

Got my nearly new steel wheels from Harvey Atkinson in Scunthorpe find him on Facebook in the T5/6 forum £200 for 4 with nearly new summer tyres - which I've just sold on eBay for... …£200 ;) He's got plenty more steelies and quite a few other T6 alloys

Thanks.....those are a all season/4 season tyre? Would there not be any problems with those tyres?
I had the Nokians last year and they have the snowflake/winter rating and can be used all year.
I had 55 profile and they looked smaller in profile than the summer tyres and I found i had lost 1mph at 70mph. If buying again I'd use the 60 profile.
No tyre noise issues and seem to give a less 'crashy' ride on our rough roads./

Has anyone fitted Hankook RA10 215/65 R16C 109/107R all weather tyres?

Have my shortlist i think.....

- Continental WinterContact TS 850 P 235/55R17 103 V XL
or
- Continental VanContact 215/60 R17C 109/107T 8PR Dual Branding 104H

Load and speed ratings seem fine on those.

We have - Cross Climate SUV. Only just though. No increase in noise, nothing to report positive or otherwise. We’ll see what happens in the winter..

Yes, fitted in February just before the snow. Very quiet and lots of grip in the wet and snow.

Alan

Good tyres, bought a set last year performed well in all the snow we had.

Are they definitely winter with snow symbol not 4 season? Sorry new to this!

Yes, we have just had a set fitted 235/55r17 as we needed to replace both our summer and winter tyres. Went with these to avoid having two sets in the future. We are really pleased with them so far, not much road noise at all. Will know more once we drive in snowy conditions in Austria in December. They have very good reviews on Blackcircles which is what persuaded us in the end.

Are they definitely winter with snow symbol not 4 season? Sorry new to this!
Nokian has Snowflake Symbol on the sidewall.

Not saying they are best but got good test reviews.

Nokian video on You tube

I should point out that although the Michelin Crossclimates are 4 season, they also have the mountain and snowflake symbol on them making them good winter tyres too.

Alan

Back