Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Manufacturers Extended Warranty - Have to Buy From Purchasing Dealership?

• Thread starter Virgil van Bike
  • Start date
Virgil van Bike

Virgil van Bike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I've tried to arrange the factory extended warranty through my closest VW service centre, Coventry, but they have told be I can't set this up through themselves, it has to be through the dealership I bought the van through. This seems ridiculous as I should be able to get it serviced anywhere.
Can somebody confirm if they have had the same information?

Thanks!

Extended Warrant is VW UK supplied not the Dealer. Must be taken out within 3 months of purchase.
Has been a purchase bundled in offer.

Contact VWCS (customer services)

I've tried to arrange the factory extended warranty through my closest VW service centre, Coventry, but they have told be I can't set this up through themselves, it has to be through the dealership I bought the van through. This seems ridiculous as I should be able to get it serviced anywhere.
Can somebody confirm if they have had the same information?

Thanks!
Nonsense. Just try a helpful dealer instead. It is a VW UK thing not a dealer specific warranty. Try other dealers that have been mentioned on here. Breeze would be the obvious one.

Nonsense. Just try a helpful dealer instead. It is a VW UK thing not a dealer specific warranty. Try other dealers that have been mentioned on here. Breeze would be the obvious one.

Thanks - My thoughts exactly! However the mail I received from Coventry Van Centre states;

"We need to raise an invoice in order to accept the payment however because the vehicle was not brought for us I cannot raise the invoice. I have discussed this with VW and they have advised you contact Liverpool Van centre as they were the supplying dealer for that vehicle. They will be able to raise an invoice."

I'll try Breeze as the guy who was dealing with me at Liverpool VW is not responding to my emails!

Thanks - My thoughts exactly! However the mail I received from Coventry Van Centre states;

"We need to raise an invoice in order to accept the payment however because the vehicle was not brought for us I cannot raise the invoice. I have discussed this with VW and they have advised you contact Liverpool Van centre as they were the supplying dealer for that vehicle. They will be able to raise an invoice."

I'll try Breeze as the guy who was dealing with me at Liverpool VW is not responding to my emails!
Try Robinson's at Norwich, that's who I bought from. They were helpful - ask for Martin Skipp.

Attached is the brochure if you haven't seen it.

Thanks Loz, I've seen that. Bizarre that the brochure says you can get the work done at any service centre but apparently you can only purchase through the centre you bought from!

Well i purchased this less than a year ago from a different centre than the van was purchased from - van purchased from Cardiff and bough the cover from Liverpool

Well i purchased this less than a year ago from a different centre than the van was purchased from - van purchased from Cardiff and bough the cover from Liverpool over the phone - all done in a few mins with email receipt / confirmation

Well i purchased this less than a year ago from a different centre than the van was purchased from - van purchased from Cardiff and bough the cover from Liverpool

Thanks for the confirmation. At least it's shown me that Listers Coventry aren't worth using for my servicing if they can't even get my warranty sorted!

Soooo..
I've taken out the Factory Extended Warranty through Breeze Poole, dealt with a nice helpful girl called Emma Ditchburn.
Big up to Breeze Poole for sorting this.
Listers Coventry need to up their game and I certainly won't be using them for anything going forward.

I think if the service department is not switched on you get the answer you did from Coventry. It is something the sales department seem to deal with rather than the service department at some dealers!!!!

Last edited:
Soooo..
I've taken out the Factory Extended Warranty through Breeze Poole, dealt with a nice helpful girl called Emma Ditchburn.
Big up to Breeze Poole for sorting this.
Listers Coventry need to up their game and I certainly won't be using them for anything going forward.
Hi
Glad we could get this sorted for you! Always here to help in anyway we can.

Back