Mattress bag

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Still loving my @Jackyards mattress bag.

Big enough to store the Beach comfort mattress, an IKEA Talgje topper and Brandrup sheet with room to spare for duvet.

b9e74a7d4b574624ab680a1b2799b8c9.jpg

1f000d4463da1b0a410ddca0d882eec4.jpg

ed2df322efd8956cef47705b2fd59da1.jpg

cd4bdc6f377a684dbdc6ace061627295.jpg

When not in use it is stored at on a high shelf at the rear of our bike store.

99bc3f333b53c87db9a5cfbc015e5ba3.jpg

A bit of a faff to put away and remove but out of the way for day to day functioning of the bike store.

Did you have this made or is it a stock item they sell? I’m looking for something similar, I also though I’d seen a post where you had one made by another company? Which are you using now?

Did you have this made or is it a stock item they sell? I’m looking for something similar, I also though I’d seen a post where you had one made by another company? Which are you using now?

We actually have two mattresses and two mattress bags.

I had both made.
The first was about £60 from

The second was about £200 from

I prefer the Jackyards, but not sure I prefer it three times as much!

Both bags were made to my specification and do the job perfectly.

If using Bags2Cover I suggest the higher quality fabric is a worthwhile upgrade.

We had a made to measure bag from below in heavy duty fabric, carry straps go all the way around the bag so will never rip out. Cost was £65 incl delivery. Can recommend:

We had a made to measure bag from below in heavy duty fabric, carry straps go all the way around the bag so will never rip out. Cost was £65 incl delivery. Can recommend:

Do you have any photos of yours?

Here’s mine for an ocean - available for about £15 on Amazon, various sizes available so might be something for a beach, just search for sun lounger bags.

View attachment 80068
I searched high and low (on line) for an appropriately sized bag for the Beach, and failed to find anything.

I wonder if it’s something the club shop should be selling?

Here’s mine for an ocean - available for about £15 on Amazon, various sizes available so might be something for a beach, just search for sun lounger bags.

View attachment 80068
Do you happen to have the link for the one you bought? Amazon seems like a bit of a minefield for sun lounger bags

Try searching for - kampa extra large folding chair carry bag There’s a few different ones out there but they all have the dimensions of 200 x 755 x 1135 which is perfect for the rear bed mat + folding mattress on an ocean.

It’s an almost perfect fit.

I am thinking of getting another for storing hookup lead, chocks etc ie dirty stuff as it would just keep the boot area clean

These are excellent:
They also do a really good cable storage bag which we have, and a load of other bags for all sorts of stuff which I imagine would be of similarly strong construction and quality.

Thanks all - I went for the Kampa option - 15cm high from ducks back seems too tight to fit all the mattresses in.

Allthough @Amarillo's one looks really nice, it does remind me of our chea Ikea one (17 pounds). Which holds both our S2S selfinflateable matress as well as all our bedding.
tostero-opbergtas-voor-kussens-zwart__0909011_pe619800_s5.jpg

Allthough @Amarillo's one looks really nice, it does remind me of our chea Ikea one (17 pounds). Which holds both our S2S selfinflateable matress as well as all our bedding.
tostero-opbergtas-voor-kussens-zwart__0909011_pe619800_s5.jpg
We also have this for bedding - perfect fit above the bed board.

These are excellent:
They also do a really good cable storage bag which we have, and a load of other bags for all sorts of stuff which I imagine would be of similarly strong construction and quality.
I agree we have a few different sizes of these

Still loving my @Jackyards mattress bag.

Big enough to store the Beach comfort mattress, an IKEA Talgje topper and Brandrup sheet with room to spare for duvet.

b9e74a7d4b574624ab680a1b2799b8c9.jpg

1f000d4463da1b0a410ddca0d882eec4.jpg

ed2df322efd8956cef47705b2fd59da1.jpg

cd4bdc6f377a684dbdc6ace061627295.jpg

When not in use it is stored at on a high shelf at the rear of our bike store.

99bc3f333b53c87db9a5cfbc015e5ba3.jpg

A bit of a faff to put away and remove but out of the way for day to day functioning of the bike store.

We had one made by Jackyards too...opens out on each side as well as length ways so we dont have to take the mattress 'out' of the bag, just need to open up all the fastenings...can fit the beach mattress with sheet, 3 nightowl duvets and pillows! Its fab!

I was more "agricultural" for keeping my comfort mattress clean.

I bought waterproof canvas fabric in a 2m length and also got heavy duty stick on velcro strips (prob 2" wide and fixed about 4 x 4" long strips along). I just have to tuck the edges down at the sides.

It is easy to undo and there is no need to find a place to stash the bag when the lower bed is down as this canvas cover lies flat under the mattress.

Canvas fabric

57b1513cee3ec87cc830ae4473168f41.jpg

Jackyards mattress bag containing comfort mattress, IKEA mattress topper, sheet, four pillows and king size duvet.

Brilliant!

You don't have to look for a mattress that manufacturers of boat and vessel furniture items have. The price may be more expensive, but the quality and materials are the same.

You don't have to look for a mattress that manufacturers of boat and vessel furniture items have. The price may be more expensive, but the quality and materials are the same.
Get yourself a nice double mattress and throw away the foam one. It's bad for your back to sleep on that. When I chose mine I was looking for - first, a full bed, and secondly, I still wanted a mattress stiffer than the previous one. I bought my in bed-frames and so far I have no regrets cause it`s very comfortable and I sleep great on it - no pits and dips. I would also advise to buy a mattress cover, it isn`t the most necessary thing, but is very convenient.

We had one made by Jackyards too...opens out on each side as well as length ways so we dont have to take the mattress 'out' of the bag, just need to open up all the fastenings...can fit the beach mattress with sheet, 3 nightowl duvets and pillows! Its fab!
Hi @calicatchers, your bag sounds perfect. I wondered if there’s any chance that you still have the order reference or spec please? I am being lazy but would love to be able to share this with @Jackyards and ask if they could make the same for me! :)

Back