Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress solutions.

• Thread starter Stanstanley1980
  • Start date
S

Stanstanley1980

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I think I’ve sold the 3 seater bench mattress conundrum. Decathlon do a self inflating mattress at 70cm wide. Two fit perfectly and they clip together. They pack away flat. At £75 each they have solved the issue of purchasing a large mattress and at a fraction of the price. I’m a big lad at 17st and lying on my side I can’t feel the contours of the seats, which is an ongoing issue with some mattresses. Can’t recommend these enough, plus they come with a 5 year warranty.

I think I’ve sold the 3 seater bench mattress conundrum. Decathlon do a self inflating mattress at 70cm wide. Two fit perfectly and they clip together. They pack away flat. At £75 each they have solved the issue of purchasing a large mattress and at a fraction of the price. I’m a big lad at 17st and lying on my side I can’t feel the contours of the seats, which is an ongoing issue with some mattresses. Can’t recommend these enough, plus they come with a 5 year warranty.

2 separates to join are a great idea. Much more versatile.

We have 2x65cm wide thermarest deluxe self inflatables. Needed them in our old Toyota. Too wide for the Cali Ocean downstairs and we’re happy with the up top mattress. But they’re great for the awning, sleeping under the stars and going visiting or when we have visitors.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I will give these a shot, as a return should be straightforward. I am close to pressing go on a Vanessa but prefer this cost and better storage!

Just searching solutions and I like the idea of this! Thanks for posting it Stanstanley, I think I'll try these as well, Guy and Stanley are you getting on ok with them? Is there any chance they could be stored in the closed roof when deflated or is it too tight up there?

Great for the beach 3 seater. too wide together for the Ocean.

DO you use them with the thin pad on the multiflex board and no other mattress on the seats?

DO you use them with the thin pad on the multiflex board and no other mattress on the seats?
We’re in an Ocean. By multiplex board do you mean the back parcel shelf?

This post is in the beach section though - so I was interested in what the original poster did

2 separates to join are a great idea. Much more versatile.

We have 2x65cm wide thermarest deluxe self inflatables. Needed them in our old Toyota. Too wide for the Cali Ocean downstairs and we’re happy with the up top mattress. But they’re great for the awning, sleeping under the stars and going visiting or when we have visitors.
Thermarest do a new Dreamtime SIM. Good company with quality products. They do 63 and 76 Cm wide versions that can be linked. Haven’t tried them but If they’re as good or better than the old version they’ll be great.

Is the conundrum being the standard (downstairs) mattress is bloody uncomfortable? Can’t believe the cheapie off eBay that we used happily with the T5 Transporter is now in our new Beach going on top of the standard one. Comfy now though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back