Mattress/Topper combinations - Specific combo request

Bryan2411

Bryan2411

2014 SE
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello all,

We currently have the VW Comfort Mattress and a Zonesleep Topper, and to be honest they aren't as comfortable as I'd anticipated or hoped, and still feel 'Hard' regardless of side/back sleeping.

My aims are:
  1. Be comfortable when sleeping
  2. Maximise space under multiplex board
  3. Minimise stack height of bedding roll on top of multiplex
Having looked through many posts concerning mattresses and toppers I'm interested in the views of anyone who has a combination of the following mattresses for downstairs.

If I understand correctly removing/selling our VW Comfort Mattress and buying a thinner mattress for the multiplex such as a Brandrup iXTEND PAD will allow the multiplex to be placed in the upper position increasing load space. This seems to be an integral part of my vision.

I was thinking then adding a Comfortz VW T5 T6 California SE/Ocean Memory Foam Mattress Topper which may soften the bed and reduce stack height (notwithstanding bedding). Would a Dulavaly Gold be a better alternative, but does it fold as easily as the 3 section Comfortz Topper.

Can you still feel the metal of the multiplex when laying on it with these two mattresses? I'd estimate the depth to be 3" in total with them both in place?

TIA

Hello all,

We currently have the VW Comfort Mattress and a Zonesleep Topper, and to be honest they aren't as comfortable as I'd anticipated or hoped, and still feel 'Hard' regardless of side/back sleeping.

My aims are:
  1. Be comfortable when sleeping
  2. Maximise space under multiplex board
  3. Minimise stack height of bedding roll on top of multiplex
Having looked through many posts concerning mattresses and toppers I'm interested in the views of anyone who has a combination of the following mattresses for downstairs.

If I understand correctly removing/selling our VW Comfort Mattress and buying a thinner mattress for the multiplex such as a Brandrup iXTEND PAD will allow the multiplex to be placed in the upper position increasing load space. This seems to be an integral part of my vision.

I was thinking then adding a Comfortz VW T5 T6 California SE/Ocean Memory Foam Mattress Topper which may soften the bed and reduce stack height (notwithstanding bedding). Would a Dulavaly Gold be a better alternative, but does it fold as easily as the 3 section Comfortz Topper.

Can you still feel the metal of the multiplex when laying on it with these two mattresses? I'd estimate the depth to be 3" in total with them both in place?

TIA
Bryan2411, see pic below. This is a combination of iextend pad + duvalay 2.5 cm + a 7 tog double duvet + 2 pillows in that roll.

On your aims

1. Be comfortable when sleeping >> imo, the duvay 2.5 cm is more than sufficient for comfort.
2. Maximise space under multiplex board >> this is with the shelf in the high position. You cannot maximise the space under any more.
3. Minimise stack height of bedding roll on top of multiplex >> This combo also gives us more space in top to throw more bedding if needed. And also as it is just the two of us, with the headrest down, the view from the rear view mirror is also decent. If I roll it up better and/or use a tie down strap, can get it more compact than it is.

We believe in travelling light.
4d0d59b3db2b7d5f5477eeeef6d91492.jpg

Bryan2411, see pic below. This is a combination of iextend pad + duvalay 2.5 cm + a 7 tog double duvet + 2 pillows in that roll.

On your aims

1. Be comfortable when sleeping >> imo, the duvay 2.5 cm is more than sufficient for comfort.
2. Maximise space under multiplex board >> this is with the shelf in the high position. You cannot maximise the space under any more.
3. Minimise stack height of bedding roll on top of multiplex >> This combo also gives us more space in top to throw more bedding if needed. And also as it is just the two of us, with the headrest down, the view from the rear view mirror is also decent. If I roll it up better and/or use a tie down strap, can get it more compact than it is.

We believe in travelling light.
4d0d59b3db2b7d5f5477eeeef6d91492.jpg
Thanks for the reply and picture the bedroll size is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. At the moment all my stuff is nearly level with the top of the headrests!
I take it you cant feel the metal bars underneath through the mattresses when moving about?

Thanks for the reply and picture the bedroll size is exactly what I'm trying to achieve. At the moment all my stuff is nearly level with the top of the headrests!
I take it you cant feel the metal bars underneath through the mattresses when moving about?
Not at all. The iextend pad prevents that.