Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress Topper

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
Hi

Got my mattress topper today from Nick.

Wanted to say a big thank you - Nick was really good and gave amazing customer service.

This has already being excellently reviewed by I believe Chris and others, so i won't do a full review.

I am posting some pics because I decided to go fro a colour middle panel which I think looks really smart.

BettyMattress1.jpg

BettyMattress6.jpg

BettyMattress5.jpg

BettyMattress2.jpg

BettyMattress4.jpg

James

Looks cool James like the colour of your Beach. :thumb

Hope you get some good nights rest with it.

John

Really Glad you liked it James :D - it did look fab as we made it to be honest!
I'm going to try and source some more yellow and perhaps a nice bright blue and a red.
Just let me know if anyone else is interested in a custom colour folks, we'll see what we can do for you!

:thanks
Nick

Looks really good in yellow - quite jealous!

Is that the VW fridge in the boot?

Chris

syrup1971 said:
Looks really good in yellow - quite jealous!

Is that the VW fridge in the boot?

Chris

Hi Chris

Yes, that's the VW Fridge - I got it from Tonbridge once they had located the part number. Despite the expense (this is VW...) It sits on the rail system which makes it so useable and it keeps the Van, VW which I am keen to do.

It means it can move from the boot to the centre of the van.

thank you - it was your excellent review that convinced me to get the topper

James

Yes, I was tempted with the VW fridge, though I have to say, I have been really pleased with the Waeco coolfreeze. I was concerned about movement, but it seems to sit on the floor & not move about at all, also seems to sip power from the leisure battery. Most people who see it assume it was part of the car, because it colour matches really well.

I think a mattress topper is probably essential with the 3 seater rear beach. The 2 seater might be ok without though, as that is a little flatter I think.

syrup1971 said:
Yes, I was tempted with the VW fridge, though I have to say, I have been really pleased with the Waeco coolfreeze. I was concerned about movement, but it seems to sit on the floor & not move about at all, also seems to sip power from the leisure battery. Most people who see it assume it was part of the car, because it colour matches really well.

I think a mattress topper is probably essential with the 3 seater rear beach. The 2 seater might be ok without though, as that is a little flatter I think.

Chris - I think an aftermarket coolbox is more than acceptable and probably wiser, it was only my obsessive attention to detail that made me order it.

The two seater is designed to be more of a camping vehicle - it has the same two seater seat as the full Cali and it flatter and longer, so I would imagine it would be more comfortable.

I think the UK Market would rather have the three seater bench because it appears to make more sense from practicality point of view. Which is why VW dealers have, by and large ordered their demos as three seaters.

I would have bought a two seater version but only if it had the additional singe seat to make it a three seater.

There was a thread here where someone asked about having to buy a mattress topper for a three seater bench, well, because it is not attended as a bed as such.

That said, the mattress topper is so comfortable, isn't it? Really makes sleeping in the van a nicer experience.

James

now that is what i call colour coding james ....lol....
some yellow fresh cut flowers on the table or dash would just finish custard ;)

:lol: :lol:

choplee said:

I keep meaning to get some flowers - I have the blue ones in Pippa (my Vanagon)

It has to be colour coded - in the words of Colplay - it was all yellow...

James

Custard said:
choplee said:

James

Lol lol
I may have to get a skull flag for the berg and some black flowers to follow my theme on :). :)

choplee said:
Custard said:
choplee said:

James

Lol lol
I may have to get a skull flag for the berg and some black flowers to follow my theme on :). :)

Lee

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKULL-AND-CRO ... _500wt_967

Couldn't find the flowers though :)
You should go for the full pirate theme :)

James

Hi

Got my mattress topper today from Nick.

Wanted to say a big thank you - Nick was really good and gave amazing customer service.

This has already being excellently reviewed by I believe Chris and others, so i won't do a full review.

I am posting some pics because I decided to go fro a colour middle panel which I think looks really smart.

BettyMattress1.jpg

BettyMattress6.jpg

BettyMattress5.jpg

BettyMattress2.jpg

BettyMattress4.jpg

James
Hi...
Long time ago since you posted but... Can you sit upright with roof down with bed and topper in place?

Back