Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattress toppers

Willshake

Willshake

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
I'd like to say what a brilliant Club this is! When my wife and I purchased our Cali Ocean a couple of months ago we had no idea of the following this vehicle has. We are looking forward to getting out there making use of our incredible van. The tips on the forum are really helpful.
My questions are : how necessary is a mattress topper ?
If we get a roof bed one can we leave it in place and close the roof ?
Is there one make that performs best ?

Hi we use a duvalay topper downstairs it sits on parcel shelf when not in use .
Upstairs we are quite happy with the original one .

Well I guess is a individual preference. There is not much room in the roof, so its only possoble to keep a very thin topper. We found the genuine matress to hard for our comfort, so we changed the foam in the matress. That was a good an not to expensive fix. We bought a thin topper in ikea for it. But now we took the plunge and bought a fullblown three layer custom matress from calishop.de. It is really nice, and among the most exclusiv you can get.

If you sleep downstairs you can move the matress down and use it as a topper. Instead of using space carrying a extra topper in the booth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a zonesleep with the thinner mattress so we can leave it in situ upstairs with the roof closed. Amazing how much space you gain downstairs when you don't have to store a topper

We have a zonesleep with the thinner mattress so we can leave it in situ upstairs with the roof closed. Amazing how much space you gain downstairs when you don't have to store a topper
We do the same.

If you search the forum for topper you will get loads to read.

Or use a search engine such as google and type in:-

site:vwcaliforniaclub.com topper

Substitute any other word for topper for anything else.

Personally I use IOS devices so use:-

site:vwcaliforniaclub.com and choose the add to home screen to keep it as a shortcut.

Mike

We also went for the Zonesleep option as we wanted to free up more space downstairs, also bear in mind any memory foam product can be very hot and sweaty when the weather gets warmer.

I do not use a topper upstairs, downstairs I have the comfortz thin topper which I find quite sufficient plus also enables the rear parcel shelf to be fitted in the higher position. Not the case if using the VW comfort mattress.

Oh, and a big big welcome!