Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mattresses

T

Tntoast

VIP Member
If you take the vw standard mattress out of the top bed, can you fit a standard depth mem foam mat in its place, is there enough room for the roof the shut properly?
Cheers guys

my one had been changed .the guy before me worked for sun seekers and made one .its same thickness but lot better to sleep on .i have the old new mattress here if any ones after one .roof shuts all ok .he also made a zip cover for it so can wash it .do it :eek:

Should be enough room, I have std matress, Brandrup goretex line and a normal duvet that live up there and roof closes no issues :thumb :p

Comfortz do a replacement 2" mattress for the top - just had it delivered but not home to test it yet.

I had wondered about doing this too. I'd be really interested to hear how folk get on.

On the one hand VW has millions to invest in R&D so you might hypothesise that it has put the right foam up there to start with. But on the two hand (as a charming swede once said to me) vw does not know how to paint wheels, paint aluminium, make steering columns, fit doors, source radios etc so there is a chance that amateurs with a few quid and a much better approach to quality could do a better job

gatvol said:
I had wondered about doing this too. I'd be really interested to hear how folk get on.

On the one hand VW has millions to invest in R&D so you might hypothesise that it has put the right foam up there to start with. But on the two hand (as a charming swede once said to me) vw does not know how to paint wheels, paint aluminium, make steering columns, fit doors, source radios etc so there is a chance that amateurs with a few quid and a much better approach to quality could do a better job

:clap :clap :clap :goodone

Back