Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Maxxcamp compact v reimo pod

D

Dave bee

VIP Member
I am looking at both these pods but both have pros and cons.

Maxxcamp
Pro
Slim unit that can sit at side or behind front seat. Light weight, appears v well made.

Con
Expensive, cannot get to see one in uk, one side of unit taken up by bottles.

Reimo
Pro
Well made, water bottles in rear so cupboard space all usable, can use cooker outside with door open. Uk suppliers.

Con
Expensive( cheaper than maxxcamp), unsure if it will fit with bed down and front seats turned to the rear( therefore will have to turn seats forward each night).

I have had nothing but good reviews from everyone who has bought the reimo one but would love to hear from people who have either, using them day to day and why you picked it over any other option.

Thanks

Dave

No experience of either Reimo or maxxcamp so in the same question mode, however its low down the priority list at the moment but I have been looking at cheap alternatives such as the outwell foldable kitchen units, the main disadvantage I see is that when travelling to sites they take up storage space but don't give any storage, unlike the reimo or maxxcamp units, But then again they are easily carried and setup.

Reimo now do a new pod especially for the beach model for 1300 euros.
Apologies if this it the one you are already referring to.
I wasn't sure if you were comparing the caravelle one to the maxxcamp.
I will try and attach a pic :doh

image.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at the reimo one with the cooker on the side and sink on top. I have looked at the one you have attached but a lot of the space is used up by a gas locker.
Cheers
Dave

No worries. I didn't know if you had seen the new one.
I thought I had better put a pic on before you parted with any cash!
Fair point about the storage I had not really thought about that.
Happy hunting!

Back