Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Meet Cooper and Mocha

CooperandMocha

CooperandMocha

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
So here's the reason we've bought a Cali..... Cooper is just coming up to 9 months old and cant sit up in the back of my A6 Avant, so we've chosen to go down the Cali route to get him some head room and us some head space from working from home...

He's still got some growing to do, but will be over 65kg when mature... His little Sister Mocha is less of a problem. They both travel really well in the boot of the A6, and we are now wondering how to carry them in a Cali. We have crates for both of them to sleep in at home, which would provide a restricted pen for them behind the front seats, but have read of other people just using the tie down points and a harness, to stop them roaming about.

How do you travel with your big dogs, and how do you cope with 2 ???IMG_9006.JPG

Got two rescue dogs a Westy and a Cocker Spaniel and I went to HomeSense and got two large dog pillows that sit in front of the bench seat and with the bribe of a treat and lashings of praise they usually settle down and sleep..and unlike young kids they don't keep asking 'are we there yet?'
They do usually sleep in a big dog bed together in the back of our Bimmer but maybe we are blessed?

So here's the reason we've bought a Cali..... Cooper is just coming up to 9 months old and cant sit up in the back of my A6 Avant, so we've chosen to go down the Cali route to get him some head room and us some head space from working from home...

He's still got some growing to do, but will be over 65kg when mature... His little Sister Mocha is less of a problem. They both travel really well in the boot of the A6, and we are now wondering how to carry them in a Cali. We have crates for both of them to sleep in at home, which would provide a restricted pen for them behind the front seats, but have read of other people just using the tie down points and a harness, to stop them roaming about.

How do you travel with your big dogs, and how do you cope with 2 ???View attachment 88039
A bed behind the drivers seat and a harness attached to a loop fixed into the rail behind the passenger

How do you travel with your big dogs, and how do you cope with 2 ???View attachment 88039
Beautiful dogs. We have 2 Beagles they travel on the rear seat or in baskets on the floor wearing Ruffwear harness attached to seat belt or floor anchor points.

We've used this Clix harness for Molly for years now and it's brilliant. It clips into the seatbelt fastening on the bench seat and she can still move around while staying safe. Occasionally if she sits on the fastening she releases it - which came as a surprise on our first trip in the van when she appeared between the two front seats and decided to go to sleep there - I didn't fancy undoing my own seatbelt whilst doing 70 mph on the M3!

cd2.jpg

We’ll we now have a Beach , and Cooper is more than happy. He has a harness on attached to a seatbelt clip so he can’t get into the front, but has enough room to turn around. We bought a soft crate for Mocha which is tied to the floor, to stop her moving around. This will leave us the whole boot for storage and the back seat for bedding and stuff while on the move. Haven’t tried sleeping in it yet, so will be interesting to see how they behave. At home they have their own crates at night.

31B02617-57C0-464F-9501-9E1D967A4838.jpeg

11DF679F-4E4F-4C34-8D1D-DBA5AA647D75.jpeg