Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Help with dogs.

Thankfully my three dogs are used to travelling. Your tips sound a good idea. I am hedging towards a crate but I am getting some good ideas from you and everyone who has commented. Thank you xx

We keep a dog lead semi-permanently fixed to the driver's seat belt anchor point, using a stainless steel carabiner clip. On the road, we can clip that directly to the dog collar or harness to prevent her from joining us in the front (only on lower-risk journeys such as motorway as I mentioned above; on normal roads - ie higher risk - she's in her crash harness on the bench seat).

Then when parked with side door open we can simply clip another lead (either her normal walking one or a retractable) to the fixed one to make a double length to allow her a bit of a roam close by outside, eg on a lunch stop. (At an evening stop we usually use a longer wire tether with a ground twist-spike, slightly away from the van).
I can add we have teo german pointers- its a bit of a squeeze- but we variously use the tow bar to tie dogs to with eztended rope

I can add we have two german pointers- its a bit of a squeeze- but we variously use the tow bar to tie dogs to with extended rope.
Plus a pair of screw in ground stakes which we affix at a distance far enough apart so the dogs dont tie themselves in knots! I came on here specifically to find tips for attacjmhi g them from the inside so I like your iidea of attaching lead with carabiners etc to main seat belt. Does antone else have any suggestions. I wish there was a nice solid U or ring fitted somewhere down by the side of the bench seat!!

We have just ordered our first California Ocean, due in about 4 months. I’m concerned how to travel with my dogs. I have three, 2 cockerpoos and a Yorkshire terrier. attaching them to the seat belts is not an option having three, plus they get all tangled up. If I bought crates I’m unsure of the size or where to put them. For instance if they went in the rear we Would lose Space to put everything else. If we put them in the main cabin is that secure and what size to fit three dogs. Sorry for going on but it’s important to us to be able to travel with them. Any advice??
We had 3 dogs 2 big dogs and a cockerpoo. We reciently brought the attachment that goes around the headrest and he travels in his bed on the seat. With our bigger dogs labradoodle and collie springer we used the seat belt attachment and they had their beds to lie in which worked well

I used to a big Lintran box but now I'm tethering. It's not ideal. Need some floor anchors, I think.

We only have one dog, though a black lab so a fair 30 kgs. We have an anchor point in the floor rail which his harness and a medium length tether is attached to. We understand the issues with safety but with a dog and the configuration of our vans it’s our best option. You could consider two with harness/ floor tethers and the wee one with harness on the rear seat.

59E4C3C2-23C6-480B-864E-C8293C30ED14.jpeg