Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Merry Christmas and a moan!

Haha, right! 'Leica' being the most divisive word in the English language. There is no specific opponent needed, because Leica is always vs. everyone else!

My (future) Beach may be categorised by some as a mobile tent, campervan 'lite', or motorhome without full home comforts and that's fine (and doesn't change what we all know it actually 'is'). What I do know is that its going to be a superb photomobile! Can't. Wait.

Please - DON't GO THERE!. I belong to a photographic Club - constant rivalry between Canon & Nikon ( but friendly thank heaven ) with the occasional Leicia officinadio taking part.

Please - DON't GO THERE!. I belong to a photographic Club - constant rivalry between Canon & Nikon ( but friendly thank heaven ) with the occasional Leicia officinadio taking part.

So do get to know the real " Paul" on that forum....:thumb
Canon vs. Nikon worse than SE vs Beach ....i have to check it out!

I love neat little packing solutions.
On my cycle tours we manage a week with a 7 lb saddle bag , using all sorts of weight minimising tricks.
Hence one of the many pleasures of the Cali
Have you noticed behind the table there are elastic holders
If you fold the front curtain in half. Lay the others on it and roll it up it fits perfectly in that space
I can't believe how big the space behind the table in the door is! I reckon it'd be great to store a spare loo roll and a kitchen roll. Thanks for the tip :thumb

You could put about 8 loo rolls on a stick , then they would be held in place behind the table.

Did you see that some people store stuff in amongst the legs of the chairs in the boot lid.
Though we had that area searched by French customs last week, so no contraband......or midget migrants.

Got my Topper one side and my Storm Porch , both by Comfortz, on the other side.

I can't believe how big the space behind the table in the door is! I reckon it'd be great to store a spare loo roll and a kitchen roll. Thanks for the tip :thumb

Here...
http://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/inside-the-hotel-california-for-your-eyes-only.9776/
You can check out how i use the litlle space in my Cali
Old tread , the three big plastic boxes are diffrent ones now but still about the same items in...
Behind the table in the sliding door fits a plastic cover 3x3 , rolled up . And my spare frontscreen whipers.
Yes i carry spare whipers! On our 5000km trip thru Norway last june i did not wanted to end up searching the right model in case one should fail....
So thats a nice place there to hide them.
Tought i had a pic of this but must look out for it.

Cyclopath, we use these in the wardrobe
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IWU42SG?keywords=packing cubes&qid=1451159712&ref_=sr_1_19&sr=8-19
we each have different colours, they hold loads and very quick and easy to pack/unpack the wardrobe.
Try eagle creek spectre cubes too. They're super light and come in all sorts of colours and sizes...I should have taken shares in the company! I have zillions for knickers, sox, jumpers, teeshirts, etc etc...each in a separate cube, each a different colour! Very excited to find they now do purple!
I got a handpresso for Christmas too! Can't wait for season to start...and rain to stop!image.jpg

O my goodness Dottie, you put different items in different bags. I had never thaught of that. Now does that mean with three of us, we all have our pant/knickers in the same one, or do we all have pant ones and sock ones etc. We will need about 20.
I had sort of invisaged just one each, somewhere near the size of the floor of the cupboard, but interesting to hear how others do it.

And the handpresso looks great. The write up sais it does it in 3 mins. Is it really hot in that time. A 12 volt 150 watt kettle takes 30 mins, but I guess it is a much smaller volume...mmmmm, my birthday pressie sorted.

O my goodness Dottie, you put different items in different bags. I had never thaught of that. Now does that mean with three of us, we all have our pant/knickers in the same one, or do we all have pant ones and sock ones etc. We will need about 20.
I had sort of invisaged just one each, somewhere near the size of the floor of the cupboard, but interesting to hear how others do it.

And the handpresso looks great. The write up sais it does it in 3 mins. Is it really hot in that time. A 12 volt 150 watt kettle takes 30 mins, but I guess it is a much smaller volume...mmmmm, my birthday pressie sorted.

As I said in my earlier post re storage cubes. The one I recommended come in a pack of two with a small toilet bag too. We have a set of each in our own colour. So the three of us have 6 bags in total and can fit in the wardrobe. From memory 4-6 bags under the seat, depends how packed they are. We use one bag for smalls and shorts, the other bag for tops etc.[/QUOTE]

That is more like the way I will try Larrylamb , I have some on order.
Just making coffee in my Bialetti, having had had a lovely wet and wild night in the van. ( I was dry and warm)
And thinking dotties hand expresso machine would be great for eaisily making coffee while snuggled in bed

Our shelves.
Old desk chopped up and bits of ally I had hanging around. They can be lifted out if required.

That's an interesting conversion. We just use the wardrobe to stuff our bedding into. It's ideal for a large duvet (in cloth pull string bag) and two feather filled pillows (also in a cloth bag). There is not much space for anything else.

I have finished the prototype of my shelves, the bottom one sits on the lower window moulding, so is just below the door bottom, which works well
, and the top shelf sits on the upper window moulding,and flexi door housing, so needs no support atall.
My quilt goes on the back shelf in a Zed fold, so it takes seconds to put away or pull out. I am not sure it would fit in the cupboard, especially with the upstairs bedding aswell

Back