Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Metal Tray for California Sink

whiskymac

whiskymac

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I recently saw a link to someone who makes metal trays to sit in the California sink - but I can't remember where - does anyone have the details please?

Lewis

Lewis

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Used ours for the first time yesterday. We have the older large single lid so this product really made a difference for us. We had a bit more prep space for making sandwiches and then I sat in the passenger seat facing into the cabin and actually had somewhere to put my drink down. Highly recommended.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Used ours for the first time yesterday. We have the older large single lid so this product really made a difference for us. We had a bit more prep space for making sandwiches and then I sat in the passenger seat facing into the cabin and actually had somewhere to put my drink down. Highly recommended.
ditto. really useful & not expensive.

soulstyledevon

soulstyledevon

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
This might be a silly question.
Do you need to remove the plastic washing up bowl if using the hob nearest the sink when using this metal tray...?

SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Always remove the washing up bowl if using the gas ring next to it. Otherwise you're just asking for a meltdown.

Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Agree the usefulness of this ‘tray’ but found that it rattles when driving. I’ll put some silicon dots on it to see if this prevents the annoying noise.
Good idea. I think the silicone dots will need to be applied to the top of the tray to remove the rattle, ie, between then tray and the glass. The tray sits on the rubber seal around the sink (at least it does on T5.1) so it shouldn’t be that side which is causing the rattle

Billylou

Billylou

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199
Agree the usefulness of this ‘tray’ but found that it rattles when driving. I’ll put some silicon dots on it to see if this prevents the annoying noise.
Check that it's not the latch coming into contact with it, namely the lugs at the bottom of the latch which serve no purpose. If it is just file off a tiny amount of the latch lugs with a fine file (a nail file will work) and you'll be good. The tray should not come into contact with the glass and it sits on the rubber seal which suggests there shouldn't be a rattle.

Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Top Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
no issue with our's rattling yet

VW California Club