Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Metal Tray for California Sink

whiskymac

whiskymac

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I recently saw a link to someone who makes metal trays to sit in the California sink - but I can't remember where - does anyone have the details please?

Used ours for the first time yesterday. We have the older large single lid so this product really made a difference for us. We had a bit more prep space for making sandwiches and then I sat in the passenger seat facing into the cabin and actually had somewhere to put my drink down. Highly recommended.

Used ours for the first time yesterday. We have the older large single lid so this product really made a difference for us. We had a bit more prep space for making sandwiches and then I sat in the passenger seat facing into the cabin and actually had somewhere to put my drink down. Highly recommended.
ditto. really useful & not expensive.

This might be a silly question.
Do you need to remove the plastic washing up bowl if using the hob nearest the sink when using this metal tray...?

Always remove the washing up bowl if using the gas ring next to it. Otherwise you're just asking for a meltdown.

Agree the usefulness of this ‘tray’ but found that it rattles when driving. I’ll put some silicon dots on it to see if this prevents the annoying noise.
Good idea. I think the silicone dots will need to be applied to the top of the tray to remove the rattle, ie, between then tray and the glass. The tray sits on the rubber seal around the sink (at least it does on T5.1) so it shouldn’t be that side which is causing the rattle

Back