Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Microwave

B

Bubble

VIP Member
Hi all

Is there such a thing as a caravan microwave which is a low wattage ?
Or should I just buy a cheap one from morrisons which 700 watt. I'm off camping with hook up and was concerned about exceeding my amp allowance ?

I have a Wavebox.....450watt.........it's lives under the sink and I have cut two flaps in the rubber covering to the battery under the passenger seat. It's gets connected there.

You can google the Wavebox.........

Bubble said:
Hi all

Is there such a thing as a caravan microwave which is a low wattage ?
Or should I just buy a cheap one from morrisons which 700 watt. I'm off camping with hook up and was concerned about exceeding my amp allowance ?

700W/230V=3A. Most hook ups are 10A, newer ones 16A. A 16A MCB will not drop out much below 20A on overload. What else were you planning to run that may exceed your ampage? Sauna? Hot tub? Small country? :crazy

S.

BerndRos said:
I have a Wavebox.....450watt.........it's lives under the sink and I have cut two flaps in the rubber covering to the battery under the passenger seat. It's gets connected there.

You can google the Wavebox.........
I think that the wave box is the only microwave that does fit under the sink. You need to slide it forward in use to allow ventilation behind it otherwise it cuts out in use. I don't run mine off the battery, it already takes twice as long as a normal microwave running off hookup, runni g from 12v is even longer

Sauna isn't a bad idea lol .. Morrisons here I come.
Thanks for the info

Sorry ... Morrisons are selling a cheap micro for £27 or there abouts.

If you run the wavebox off your 12v cigar point it will take forever.....

If you run it as I have mine.....it works exactly the same as on hook up....

Microwave.....?

Really....?

What can't you cook in a pan or on a BBQ.... I might be missing out on some lovely food buti think I'll manage without...

:lol:

It's fine from time to time but having 2 children under four a micro can be a blessing. If I've got the luxury of electricity I'm sure going to use it :lol:
Home from home

Back