Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mid life crisis Cali Swamper!

What I really like also is the pack size and weight. Smallest I’ve seen packed down and only 8.5 kilos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, I’d like to see a video to see if the pack time of 5 minutes is realistic. I got rid of my awning because of size, weight and faff of set up factor. If all those can be addressed I might reconsider!

Agreed, I’d like to see a video to see if the pack time of 5 minutes is realistic. I got rid of my awning because of size, weight and faff of set up factor. If all those can be addressed I might reconsider!

Yes, we need to some real world numpty to have a go and then lets see. If its anything like the Brompton folding challenge I can easily double the time it takes the 'pros'.

Yes, we need to some real world numpty to have a go and then lets see. If its anything like the Brompton folding challenge I can easily double the time it takes the 'pros'.

Even 10 minutes is fine for me. My current one from Decathlon Air Seconds Base Connect was cheap and it’s functional but pack size is borderline large and it’s not the simplest to put back in the bag.

Indeed and if anyone can actually get it back into the supplied bag without blowing a gasket I’ll be very impressed!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

THIS!!
Like has anyone actually managed to the S2S SI Delux mattress back in its bag?
Yes, I have two, and both deflated (but on kitchen floor) and folded and back into their bags.

This looks like a proper Swamper inflatable tent/pod:

Really nice, the reality is it’s made in China and maybe £500 on Aliexpress.
Same as roof tents.
But they work and look the dogs.
found this one, bit brown, but would do the job at £ £708.59 | Portable Outdoor Air Tube Canvas Cotton Camping TentBell Inflatable Tent

Really nice, the reality is it’s made in China and maybe £500 on Aliexpress.
Same as roof tents.
But they work and look the dogs.
found this one, bit brown, but would do the job at £ £708.59 | Portable Outdoor Air Tube Canvas Cotton Camping TentBell Inflatable Tent

I imagine the pack size on that to be huge.

Swamper Jack

can anyone recommend a jack for my cali the standard jack is no good now the springs and shocks have been changed the extra shock travel means the standard cali jack runs out of stroke.

Swamper Jack

can anyone recommend a jack for my cali the standard jack is no good now the springs and shocks have been changed the extra shock travel means the standard cali jack runs out of stroke.
I assume you’re looking for something for tyre change? If so I carry an Alca 5T bottle jack, not used it in anger yet but it has a 15” stroke so should be plenty enough to change a tyre and was useful for helping to mount my spare. I have maxtrax for whenever I venture off tarmac which can double up as a platform for the jack if need be.

Pretty much sums up my reality. In my mind, I’m a swamper, stalking grizzly bears.

In reality I’m at a bear tea party.

View attachment 126874

That’s crazy, I literally sent the same photo to my wife a week ago! Haha. I’m now with 2 little girls one being 7 months and the other 3.5 years. The older one expects me to fix everything she breaks, and now wants a pink skateboard and surfboard. With Unicorn and Paw patrol logos.

That’s crazy, I literally sent the same photo to my wife a week ago! Haha. I’m now with 2 little girls one being 7 months and the other 3.5 years. The older one expects me to fix everything she breaks, and now wants a pink skateboard and surfboard. With Unicorn and Paw patrol logos.

1721857071819.jpegMy daughter aged 6 - she was born to be a Swamper! She’s 23 now and a lot more girlie but is saving up for her dream car - a Ford Ranger Raptor!

View attachment 126877My daughter aged 8 - she was born to be a Swamper! She’s 23 now and more girlie but is saving up for her dream car - a Ford Ranger Raptor!

Haha, I’m working on it. But mine loves Tutu’s and wants to drive Papi’s van
029f8fd1d3457457c5a110da465b99b2.jpg

7f7d48d3ae6426e68c02c7f86717e85f.jpg

You’ll have flower decals on your machine before you know it…