Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mileage life of a T5 180 Cali

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Is it reasonable to expect a well looked after and maintained Cali to reach 150k miles - without major issues - over say a 15 year period?

If well maintained... I don't see why not... mechanically.

T4's are regularly topping 250k

Suspension, brakes and engine will no doubt need some attention during the period.

As for the interior fittings... all depends on usage and how careful people are. As we all know there are some fairly fragile bits... That's why I'm accumulating a NOS trim parts stock when I come across cheap bits at shows or on eBay. (Doors, tables, catches etc.)

Rgds
Mark

vw-california-25th-anniversary.jpg

I'd say it's pretty reasonable based on this history :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. Sounds very promising.

I long for the day where I don't feel I have to search for ultra protective car parking spots in supermarkets, long ways on parking spots etc. I would have thought that that day would have passed after 3 years of ownership, but if anything I'm even more protective of the van today. That's the price of Cali ownership I guess!

Ah, what you do is park very close to the vehicle on your drivers side such they cannot open the door to get in, and you use the sliding door to get out. This leaves a lot of room on the passengers side for doors to be opened without contact.

Back