Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Miserable

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Steve & Gill

Thank you Steve and Gill

The whole street now is praying for my speedy recovery...

I have turned into the neighbourhood grump, the sort that punctures children's footballs and waves her walking stick at the speeding motorists ...

I can't even ride Geraldine, my bicycle.

Finley started crying today and one stare from Grumpy Granny struck him silent.

In fact I could turn Lot's wife into a pillar of stone with my newly acquired grumpy stare.

Ouch that's nasty.

Fingers crossed the wine eases the pain. And the physio eases the muscle..

Thank you Mike,

I am now following POLICE ... not RICE anymore.

I think POLICE allows me to drink more ..... at least it means that I can get up and walk to my wine cupboard ...

There has to be a silver lining somewhere ....:Grin

Can't you find a volunteer to take you and Albert out somewhere? Just get one of those festival tents for them - I'm sure they would jump at the chance (especially in this weather) :D

Can't you find a volunteer to take you and Albert out somewhere? Just get one of those festival tents for them - I'm sure they would jump at the chance (especially in this weather) :D

In the mood that I am in even the most hardened jihadist would repent rather than live with me :(

Al Quaeda would take up scrabble or whist than risk arguing with me.

Putin would give back Crimea to anyone who wants it.

Terminator would terminate rather than risk coffee and biscuits.

VW would name a new model after me ... The California Beetch ....

Using my new feature searching in my own posts.....:cool:

Are you fully recoverd yet....?

Awwwwww Wim :) xxx

Thank you for asking ...

I see the physio on Friday ... but I have been "cheating" and doing some stretches ....

I was told 6 weeks before I can run again and Friday will be just over three weeks but if I don't get some exersize soon then I will go nuts :shocked

Try jumping on one leg....!

I've taken my doggies for a long walk a couple of times now, was going ok until I slipped on some pebbles climbing off the beach :Nailbiting

In the mood that I am in even the most hardened jihadist would repent rather than live with me :(

Al Quaeda would take up scrabble or whist than risk arguing with me.

Putin would give back Crimea to anyone who wants it.

Terminator would terminate rather than risk coffee and biscuits.

VW would name a new model after me ... The California Beetch ....
Hire a Dutchman for a driver. We know how to wheel and deal with anyone, however disagreeable, and still make a profit. Have been doing so for centuries, so lots of experience, it's in our genes now. I'd be happy to drive you, you sound like an interesting challenge! And when you whine or grump too much, I'll just knock you unconscious for the rest of the drive. Then when you wake up again, you're there! What more could you want?

Hire a Dutchman for a driver. We know how to wheel and deal with anyone, however disagreeable, and still make a profit. Have been doing so for centuries, so lots of experience, it's in our genes now. I'd be happy to drive you, you sound like an interesting challenge! And when you whine or grump too much, I'll just knock you unconscious for the rest of the drive. Then when you wake up again, you're there! What more could you want?

I might just opt for being kidnapped by Somali pirates :shocked

Get Well Soon! Dare I ask if a DSG may have been useful? ;)

Intrigued by the 12v slow cooker too!

I might just opt for being kidnapped by Somali pirates :shocked
Time spent resting now will mean a speedier recovery long term. How about some upper body workouts with some dumb bells?!

Dumb Belles????

Far to old and haggard to be a dumb belle ...

Can you get Claude Van Damme or someone to come and rescue me?

Albert is DSG.

The absence of a clutch was little comfort when I could barely haul myself in and out of the thing and to just walk around it was hell...

(pause for dramatic music and wails of sympathy).....

not to mention being able to react proficiently in a crisis.

Get Well Soon! Dare I ask if a DSG may have been useful? ;)

Intrigued by the 12v slow cooker too!

DSG of benefit now, not then.

12V cooker from roadpro.

Get on the road, stop off at supermarket, bung everything into slow cooker, drive around for the day, dinner ready.

Finally.....................................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Saw the physio today,

Cleared for "light training" ...... which means I can jog short distances, walk extended distances, and drive Albert to places that would mean a lot of walking...... So I've just broken the good news to him that we are rolling Sunday...

I have a two day English Heritage conference to go to to discuss a research project then two days of what we do best, crashing over potholes, finding odd out of the way places, reaching those parts that other motorhomes can't reach, getting lost. camping wild or at Britstops and generally freewheeling in our own little happiness bubble!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Finally.....................................

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Saw the physio today,

Cleared for "light training" ...... which means I can jog short distances, walk extended distances, and drive Albert to places that would mean a lot of walking...... So I've just broken the good news to him that we are rolling Sunday...

I have a two day English Heritage conference to go to to discuss a research project then two days of what we do best, crashing over potholes, finding odd out of the way places, reaching those parts that other motorhomes can't reach, getting lost. camping wild or at Britstops and generally freewheeling in our own little happiness bubble!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Glad to hear you are improving and ready to get up to your old tricks

Thank you x

Very interested, indeed quite excited, to be discussing the possible research project with EH. It could mean that Albert would be put to good use on a project that the illustrious German gentleman that he is named after would have been proud of.

More on that later .....

tune in to this channel folks ...

Glad to hear you're beginning to stagger...as confirmed staggerers ourselves our good wishes go with you. Had bad plantar fasciitis for a good year to 18 months or that's how it felt! 3 different physios later the last being an NHS one who seemed faintly offended by feet and rather contemptuous of my troubles as I 'd told him about my years of staggering ...whether he was used to seeing lots of older more pained and crippled (can I say that???) souls than I and just thought I should get on with it! In the end a french osteopath did wonders and I think traced it back to a fall I'd had 2/3 yrs previously in winter on a muddy track with hidden bricks beneath the Somme like surface....don't know if I'm now verging on fantasy...but anyway whether my gait compounded it's chronic nature or whether it was just time and and a good people skills but I'm eternally grateful to him. Now back on the stagger 2/3 times a week with lazy Daisy if I can slap her gently into some sort of standing state a flapjack and a whisper that maybe a deer might be sighted...the scots profanity hidden by a belch might occur.Anyway that was a long winded greeting and good wish for a sound and steady recovery and interesting work negotiations.