Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Moonlight, in sunlight, sporting a flashy new blanket of snow!

Cracking choice of van, exactly the same colour as ours, including chrome and side bar

Amazing landscapes in the snow, the Chilterns have been wonderful. Even the ice on the windscreen of my sons car was magical a couple of mornings ago.

DA948681-2309-4513-BDD6-5B0C14FBB767.jpeg

Cracking choice of van, exactly the same colour as ours, including chrome and side bar
Thanks. If they weren't so mega expensive, I'd also rather like to fit a set of those 18" VW "Disc" wheels as in this photo.

20210211_180705.jpg

However, as nice as they are, at around £2600 a set including tyres, that's just not going to happen. I couldn't justify the expense.

Btw Mrs B posted this thread whilst I was still moaning about the sea of mud that we had just slipped and sloshed our way through. I love a good walk but unfortunately that wasn't it. Very pretty and wonderfully bracing but the edge was well and truly taken off it for me with every step sending us both sliding this way and that with the strong likelihood of us ending up on our @r$€s in deep liquid mud at any moment. Full concentration was needed just staying upright. After months of rain our local woodland paths are a slippery quagmire at present. Whilst we have had a couple of snow falls, the daytime temperatures haven't been cold enough to keep the ground frozen for very long. Still hopefully not long until it dries up a bit and the primroses and bluebells are out.

Thanks. If they weren't so mega expensive, I'd also rather like to fit a set of those 18" VW "Disc" wheels as in this photo.

View attachment 73456

However, as nice as they are, at around £2600 a set including tyres, that's just not going to happen. I couldn't justify the expense.

Btw Mrs B posted this thread whilst I was still moaning about the sea of mud that we had just slipped and sloshed our way through. I love a good walk but unfortunately that wasn't it. Very pretty and wonderfully bracing but the edge was well and truly taken off it for me with every step sending us both sliding this way and that with the strong likelihood of us ending up on our @r$€s in deep liquid mud at any moment. Full concentration was needed just staying upright. After months of rain our local woodland paths are a slippery quagmire at present. Whilst we have had a couple of snow falls, the daytime temperatures haven't been cold enough to keep the ground frozen for very long. Still hopefully not long until it dries up a bit and the primroses and bluebells are out.
Our walks are a little bit muddy too :)

7AB7624E-646E-4029-BE31-E3FF10F8353B.jpeg

Amazing landscapes in the snow, the Chilterns have been wonderful. Even the ice on the windscreen of my sons car was magical a couple of mornings ago.

View attachment 73459
That's really beautiful. :thumb

Actually, it has just reminded me of how the inside of the windows often used to look on winter mornings in my parent's prefab in the 1950s.

That's really beautiful. :thumb

Actually, it has just reminded me of how the inside of the windows often used to look on winter mornings in my parent's prefab in the 1950s.
Same here but council house in Harefield. Single glazed metal frames and no central heating. :)

You had glass in the windows? you were spoilt.
No, We lived for three months in a brown paper bag in a septic tank. We used to have to get up at six o'clock in the morning, clean the bag, eat a crust of stale bread, go to work down mill for fourteen hours a day week in-week out. When we got home, our Dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt!

The site I had to visit yesterday, 1 nr chapel needs restoration. Most projects I'm involved in are not this photogenic before we startUnknown-1.jpeg

Thanks. If they weren't so mega expensive, I'd also rather like to fit a set of those 18" VW "Disc" wheels as

The last three days have been completely different. It's been that cold with strong icy winds that all that mud appears to have been completely freeze dried to a hard bumpy mass. I've just got back from today's solitary walk and am now all a glow. Time for a brew and a doze in front of the fire.

Back