Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

More newbie questions

A

ainrofilac

Hi all, I've been enjoying looking over the forum over the last few weeks, I definitely want a Cali but still got to persuade my wife, looking to hire in the spring and go from there. One thing that I can't seem to find a straight answer on is seats. I used to have a golf and the seats in that we're quite prone to marks but always would come out with carpet cleaner. However, I have noticed most Cali types have seat covers, but I think they remind me of my grandma who had plastic down in the hall to protect the carpet. The covers all seem really expensive too. Is a leather interior and no covers a good solution? Does back seat get leather too if factory fitted?

Also, would a camping thermarest be a good alternative to a mattress topper? (Thinking of buying one for an upcoming camping trip, hopefully my last!)

Was thinking of buying used but prices seem v high. So thinking new is way to go.if drive the deal prices are anything to go by, a new 180 dsg with sensors, good sat nav, metallic paint an awning is £46k compared to £42k for a 2012 version. Two free services thrown in with that too, and hopefully no roof issues too (assuming new ones don't have same problem).

Hi ainrofilac,
Our Cali has leather/alcantara covered seats and they are easy to clean, an exploding biro over the back seat was easily removed with baby wipes, although my heart was beating like it was going to copy the biro !
We do have inka seat covers, but only use the drivers seat one, as I can be a bit grubby after work sometimes.
For a mattress topper we use thermarest prolites which are brilliant and can be used on either bed. Roll them out, a sheet over the top holds them in place no problem. ( http://www.cascadedesigns.com/ie/therm- ... te/product )
Good luck exploring the rest of the " stuff" you'll need or want for your van.

Sent from my iVan using smoke and mirrors.