Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mot expires

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. I'm going abroad for 4 months. I'm leaving my van off the road. My mot runs out after 2 months of being away. Will I be OK after I return to get the mot done. It will be 2 months out of date
Thanks

Yes providing it’s off the road no problem

You need to make sure you have a booked MOT appointment if you are driving to MOT station without a current MOT. I assume you will be getting a SORN to save a few bob on tax.

To avoid getting any fines I always put vehicles on Sorn, even my Historic one when it was due an MOT if I was away on holiday. That way i was free to have the MOT done at my convenience later.

Hi. I'm going abroad for 4 months. I'm leaving my van off the road. My mot runs out after 2 months of being away. Will I be OK after I return to get the mot done. It will be 2 months out of date
Thanks
Check that your vehicle Insurance is not reliant on a Current MOT.

To avoid getting any fines I always put vehicles on Sorn, even my Historic one when it was due an MOT if I was away on holiday. That way i was free to have the MOT done at my convenience later.
Was your Insurer happy that the vehicle did not have a current MOT?
In my Policy small print it states that a current MOT, if required, is a requirement.

I was in the same situation and found that the easiest way was just to bring the MOT forward six months.

Back