Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Warranty options on 67 plate Ocean

I

Itch

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Recently purchased a 67 plate Ocean and loving it. It came with 9 months left of an All in Servicing package which expires in September 2024 with just one MOT left. Obviously I have an option to take this on but at £35/month for 9 months it seems an expensive option to just get one MOT. I thought I could just take out a new plan but on speaking to VW and my local dealer, I've been told I can't extend the warranty as my Cali is now over 6 years old. Does anyone know if it's possible to keep buying extended warranties for older Calis? Help and advice much appreciated you lovely people!

Yes I also have 67 Ocean. I was able to take out 2 year All-In cover with a couple of days to spare.

You cannot take out another VW policy whilst one is still live and in-place.

Are you specifically looking to extend the warranty or to put in place a service plan?

I did have a MotorEasy warranty policy for 3 years - when the previous 3 year policy ran out. At the time, I could only buy a 1 year warranty from VW. Things then changed, so that providing the vehicle was serviced and had below a certain mileage, I could buy the All-In - taking me to 8 years cover.

The MotorEasy policy worked out to be a good deal as I had to put in 3 warranty claims. The policy cost around £1200 for 3 years and the warranty monies I got back was equivalent to over £3000. But they had a number of conditions on how to claim, so I had to follow the rules to the letter, else they refused my claim.

I think I heard that MotorEasy no longer accept new policies for the California, but worth checking.

I'm sure there are other similar warranty cover companies.

If you are only looking for a servicing package then I do not think the same age limitations apply - but you will need to check.

Yes I also have 67 Ocean. I was able to take out 2 year All-In cover with a couple of days to spare.

You cannot take out another VW policy whilst one is still live and in-place.

Are you specifically looking to extend the warranty or to put in place a service plan?

I did have a MotorEasy warranty policy for 3 years - when the previous 3 year policy ran out. At the time, I could only buy a 1 year warranty from VW. Things then changed, so that providing the vehicle was serviced and had below a certain mileage, I could buy the All-In - taking me to 8 years cover.

The MotorEasy policy worked out to be a good deal as I had to put in 3 warranty claims. The policy cost around £1200 for 3 years and the warranty monies I got back was equivalent to over £3000. But they had a number of conditions on how to claim, so I had to follow the rules to the letter, else they refused my claim.

I think I heard that MotorEasy no longer accept new policies for the California, but worth checking.

I'm sure there are other similar warranty cover companies.

If you are only looking for a servicing package then I do not think the same age limitations apply - but you will need to check.
Thanks for your help. Yes, have checked Motor Easy and their website now says they only cover cars!

Ideally I wanted something similar to the All-in offer iw warranty plus service plan but would certainly look at warranty alone

What do any other older Cali owners have in place

My son has a 67 plate Combi with an All In plan, when it expires he will take on another (the limit is 8 years old I think?) ...... your dealer might well be mistaken (judging by mine that's not difficult!)

My son has a 67 plate Combi with an All In plan, when it expires he will take on another (the limit is 8 years old I think?) ...... your dealer might well be mistaken (judging by mine that's not difficult!)
Haha!
I'll try ringing around a few other dealers. Thanks for responding!

That’s news, I was told not. Mine finishes September on my 2017 Ocean and it has been a godsend for my turbo trouble

I'm on the second year of the Service/warranty package which will take it to nearly 8 years old. Nothing available after than regarding warranty.

I had an Independent Warrant for 3 years which required a lot of admin before any jobs could be undertaken plus garage that i was going to get work done said that they didn't do Warranty work as too much hassle. DIY job in the end.

Back