Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Motorhome Aires in France

Oggie

Oggie

VIP Member
Hi,

Whilst driving around France I have noticed that quite a few towns have dedicated areas for camper vans to stay for only 8 euros a night. They have all facilities like electric hookup, toilets etc and are a good option when on the move.

Anyone know if there s a book or website with details of where they all are?

Cheers,

Rob

Cheers.... Just what I need :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Make sure you also get the optional fold out map that details the position of the Aires. It's invaluable when planning a route.
Also take a look at 'France Passion'

Cheers once again for the useful and extremely quick responses. Leaving Ile de Re and heading back to sunny Wales on Saturday, so will get the book and map ready for next year.

What a great forum...... :)

Rob

Are we certain we can stay in these aires ,as according to the previously mentioned book , they are designed for self sufficient motor homes ,which is to include a toilet . Therefore I would be interested in hearing what experience of these aires fellow California owners have had?

fordyski100 said:
Are we certain we can stay in these aires ,as according to the previously mentioned book , they are designed for self sufficient motor homes ,which is to include a toilet . Therefore I would be interested in hearing what experience of these aires fellow California owners have had?

In the french California owners forum, many have enjoyed the "France Passion" areas without any issues.

France passion is now providing GPS POI for most of the GPS app. Pretty useful.
The thing is that most of the spots are in nice areas where it's also pretty easy to find a place for wild camping.

fordyski100 said:

We that is me and my wife use them all the time, we have a luggable loo, or use their facilities if they have them. failing that we sleep on aires on motorways. We travel to France and back to the UK 5 or 6 times a year and have had no problems.
john