Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

moving 5th seat

R

rjt36

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hello,
Has anyone out there found a knack to remove and refit the 5th seat? Im wondering if the back should be up or down, swivelled or not? At the moment, I fear im going to scratch the floor and rails. Thank you!

Hi, we were shown to fit and remove with back folded flat against seat cushion and the seat swivelled, headrest toward the kitchen. Hope this helps.

Do watch out though. Our only experience was on the day we took delivery and as soon as we got home we tried to take the seat out. I removed the two covers and slid the seat forward and out of the runners at the front. Unfortunately I slid it too far forward and jammed it up against the base of the drivers seat- we couldn't get access then to the lever to release it to slide it back. We had to return to the dealers who had to take the front seat out- all very traumatic! We haven't yet needed to put it back in. Chris

Thank you so much for the tips! The weight of the seat surprised me - but I will try the way you suggest.

So am I right in thinking that the seats can be removed and put back at home, no need to go to a VW garage?

The fifth seat removal has also beaten me. I have prised off the plastic caps at the end of the rails. I can slide the seat forward and clearly see how the front 2 feet of the chair can be freed, but not how the rear feet will come out. I have a 2014 california SE. I notice that the aluminium rails beneath the seat are separate lengths of rail. ie separate from the rails that go back to the rear seat. Can any one help please?

Remove the plastic end caps and back along the rails remove the four aluminium sections, they pull upwards highligted below :thumb

Capture.PNGmmm.PNG

If I remember correctly, you also have to remove the back bed shelf to get the rear bench back as far as it can go in order to fit and remove the single seat.

Remove the plastic end caps and back along the rails remove the four aluminium sections, they pull upwards highligted below :thumb

View attachment 7627
Hi, am new to the site and owning a California and have also been stumped by the 5th seat removal! Your post was really helpful, thank you. To remove the aluminium strips, did you have to use a screwdriver - they don't seem willing to 'pop off' by hand in any helpful way! Thanks in advance!

Not sure how old your Cali is, people have mentioned a change to the rail in the 2015 vans. Mine is a 2014, the aluminium sectons just pop out and do get easier with use. A screwdriver would most likely scratch the rail. The little aluminium sections just pull/rotate up and out from the centre of the rail. Getting them back can be a bit tricky till you get the hang of it.

Back