Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

My favourite site in the UK

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Sango Sands, Durness, the very top of Scotland - big, great views, park where you like, good facilities, a pub next to it, a breakfast bar in the morning. £19 no EHU.

Sango Sands.jpg

My favourite is Clachtoll Beach Campsite (which isn't too far from Sango Sands).
Direct access to this beach, lots to do and explore in the area and not too far from The Larder in Lochinver
Capture.PNG

My favourite is Clachtoll Beach Campsite (which isn't too far from Sango Sands).
Direct access to this beach, lots to do and explore in the area and not too far from The Larder in Lochinver
View attachment 81081
I like the look of that - perhaps a visit, very soon. Well not too soon, it is booked up until September.

When you say the van is in the background, is it camouflaged or across the water.
From that angle it looks like its across the water, its actually 45min walk round the bay. Just at the back of the sand.

Last edited:
Theres a theme cropping up here, Scotland & sandy deserted beaches....
Definitely agree.
:) we took a real liking to Scotland since our daughter moved there ,,and a bonus is the drive from were we live is much more scenic than the one to Cornwall..
Still love Cornwall but Scotland’s took 1st place without doubt

Definitely agree.
:) we took a real liking to Scotland since our daughter moved there ,,and a bonus is the drive from were we live is much more scenic than the one to Cornwall..
I've gone off Cornwall, Pembrokeshire seems to have all the plusses of Cornwall without the crowds.
Whilst I love Scotland, the Clachtoll Beach Campsite is about the same driving time for us as the Costa Brava & I know which has the warmer sea.

I've gone off Cornwall, Pembrokeshire seems to have all the plusses of Cornwall without the crowds.
Whilst I love Scotland, the Clachtoll Beach Campsite is about the same driving time for us as the Costa Brava & I know which has the warmer sea.
I have also gone of the places we always usually visit now seen them in a new light this time round
we were there last week it was cram packed most places ….the new places we visited was definitely a breath of fresh air .and pretty quiet.

Definitely agree.
Still love Cornwall but Scotland’s took 1st place without doubting do you fi

how do you find the midges .. I can’t stand them, always avoid going in case they are around

how do you find the midges .. I can’t stand them, always avoid going in case they are around
No problem
We tend to stay right on the coast ,
Not sure if that helps.
Also don’t wear bright green for some reason?
They like that colour:)

It was a lime green tent they seemed to like on the campsite and lime green towel hung up so you’re probably going to be fine ,:)

Just stick your arm out of the van and they'll find you.

We have been in September, October and May - no midges.

Have a look at this website:

Fantastic thanks for the review - we are going there at the end of September so hoping for decent weather!
If you want EHu you have to book in advance or take pot luck on arrival. Although tempted to park on the cliff edge we moved back. We have been there three times and20210519_150529.jpg had to drop the roof twice - storms.

Last edited:
Definitely agree.
And there many more such beaches on the Inner and Outer Hebrides. Uig Sands, in particular.

Back