Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

MY24 Climate Control Fault

OooOooTheMonkey

OooOooTheMonkey

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Our brand new MY24 Cali has developed a climate control fault. The rear climate control panel keeps setting itself to the lowest setting all by itself. It happens usually in first start up and then again through journeys are random times. It takes itself out of “sync” with the front and suddenly the blower goes on full power in the rear. Anyone rise experienced this? Booked in with the dealer to investigate.

Is anyone pressing buttons ever? There is a common fault with the buttons sticking on the rear control so could be related to that?

The rear temperature buttons get stuck on increase/ decrease etc. Which has the same effect although mine when it had this issue was not intermittent, it was only when the button was pressed and would stay stuck down.

Is anyone pressing buttons ever? There is a common fault with the buttons sticking on the rear control so could be related to that?

The rear temperature buttons get stuck on increase/ decrease etc. Which has the same effect although mine when it had this issue was not intermittent, it was only when the button was pressed and would stay stuck down.

Agreed. I had this. New rear unit fitted under warranty.

Good smack cleared it.

Ah, good old fashioned workshop technique! I remember having to smack my Vauxhall Nova so often in so many areas to get it to work properly, I swear one time I saw a tear fall from its near side headlight.

Nobody has touched the rear unit but does sound like the rear unit is faulty.

Yep - sticky buttons. We're on our third unit.

Our brand new MY24 Cali has developed a climate control fault. The rear climate control panel keeps setting itself to the lowest setting all by itself. It happens usually in first start up and then again through journeys are random times. It takes itself out of “sync” with the front and suddenly the blower goes on full power in the rear. Anyone rise experienced this? Booked in with the dealer to investigate.
All the time.

Drives me bonkers.

I think the build quality is pretty poor overall.

Back