Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Mystery bike rack for T6 Cali

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Does anyone recognise this bike rack ? - this seems to be the 'nicer' T6 rack we have been waiting for. I found it on a german van rental site - thanks
nicer rack.jpg

Looks like someone has fitted the T5 rack to the T6 - interesting!!

Looks like someone has fitted the T5 rack to the T6 - interesting!!

I don't see why not. The basic shape of the tailgate has not changed, has it?
Alan

A little bit there the bottom clamps fit - but it if works - why not:thumb

I thought someone would have tried to fit the T5 rack on a T6 at the last meet to settle this once and for all.

If you look at the”Quasimodo T6 bike rack” thread you will see that this has already been raised and I have queried it with VW as to why this bike rack is not available to UK customers but is to other European countries customers.

The UK dealer configurator says NO if you try to put the relevant part number in.

I was promised a reply by last Monday as to why this should be, but have not receive a reply,so have emailed again today requesting an explanation.

I will post the information as soon as it is received.

If you look at the”Quasimodo T6 bike rack” thread you will see that this has already been raised and I have queried it with VW as to why this bike rack is not available to UK customers but is to other European countries customers.

The UK dealer configurator says NO if you try to put the relevant part number in.

I was promised a reply by last Monday as to why this should be, but have not receive a reply,so have emailed again today requesting an explanation.

I will post the information as soon as it is received.
Thanks Susibus - i have been pointed to that thread now - Maxxcamp chap told me its the T5 rack with brackets to fit the T6 - so i think there may be an option to use a T5 rack and then buy the new brackets - fingers crossed thanks

Does anyone recognise this bike rack ? - this seems to be the 'nicer' T6 rack we have been waiting for. I found it on a german van rental site - thanks
View attachment 13078
In swiss, this was the first rack for the T6. It was replaced with the rack that is more familiar. I saw both in the showroom up close. In opinion it's is the latter is nicer.

For those T6 owners that are still waiting to see whether they will be able to be supplied with the T5 type bike rack to fit their T6, I'm still waiting for reply from VW to my initial enquiry of March 24th, I will chase this up yet again.

Popped in to see Nick Comfortz today to see if the newly designed Fiamma bike rack would fit the T6 - see pic .... on comparing with Nicks T5 the issue with non compatibility between T5 and T6 is centred on the different profile at the top of the rear door. The T5 is rounded where the T6 is more square. The rest of the dimensions seem to match up. IMG_1449.JPG

Popped in to see Nick Comfortz today to see if the newly designed Fiamma bike rack would fit the T6 - see pic .... on comparing with Nicks T5 the issue with non compatibility between T5 and T6 is centred on the different profile at the top of the rear door. The T5 is rounded where the T6 is more square. The rest of the dimensions seem to match up. View attachment 13522
Why not make a shim using polymorph, it would match up the 2 profiles for you.

For those T6 owners that are still waiting to see whether they will be able to be supplied with the T5 type bike rack to fit their T6, I'm still waiting for reply from VW to my initial enquiry of March 24th, I will chase this up yet again.
Any News yet Susi ?

Popped in to see Nick Comfortz today to see if the newly designed Fiamma bike rack would fit the T6 - see pic .... on comparing with Nicks T5 the issue with non compatibility between T5 and T6 is centred on the different profile at the top of the rear door. The T5 is rounded where the T6 is more square. The rest of the dimensions seem to match up. View attachment 13522
I cant imagine Fiamma have spent the last 10 years developing a rack for the T5 - and to launch it just in time for the T6 arrival. I would imagine they have a T6 option with top brackets to suit. Nick is asking the question

Still waiting for confirmation from VW Lack of Customer Care department whether it’s going to be possible to order the T5 style rack for the T6, now almost 5 weeks, I really think this is appalling service!

If the answer is no, I think the next question will be how come the Germans can have them but we can't, but we will cross that bridge if and when it occurs.

Will post soon as I have any info

How can Germans have it? I've contacted some german dealerships that keep stating that older rack isn't compatible with T6 ;)
So nobody up until today even tried to fit an old rack on T6?

How can Germans have it? I've contacted some german dealerships that keep stating that older rack isn't compatible with T6 ;)
It is compatible but it needs different top brackets - which seem to be available to German customers. Maxx Camp can supply for big money tho

So there should be a part number for that bracket?
Yes - in Germany there are two different T6 racks from VW - the old style and the new style. Each has its own part number - Susi is asking VW Uk why we cant order the older style in the UK. See thread

I have 2 options to order from dealer but he is stating both look as new one.
Btw there is a massive debate on German forums as well. And there are rumors they are developing a new rack with 75kg payload that looks like an old one.

So there should be a part number for that bracket?
Not the first UK site I see selling those old racks for T6.
https://www.bristolcamperconversion...e-rack/products/vw-t6-tailgate-bicycle-holder

The picture on the Bristolcamperconversions site shows a T5 with a bike rack, not a T6, and the part number 7EO 071 104 is the one for a Quasimodo bike rack.

7EO O71 104A is the part number for the earlier T5 style bike rack to fit the T6.

I've heard today from VW that as a consequence of a little bit of encouragement they are going to make the T5 style bike rack that fits T6 available in the UK, but they also have got mixed up with the part numbers and are appearing to make it rather complicated for people to obtain them. I have sent VW an email requesting clarification and hope to have full details on how you can buy 7EO 071 104A soon, hopefully not after another five week wait!