Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nail in tyre already

On hols last summer in the west of Scotland I got a nail in a tyre and then a bolt in the same tyre two hours after it ha been repaired! Is that a record.

Fortunately both were clean penetrations towards the centre of the tyre and were repaired by tyre centres. The tyre is still going strong 6 months / 4,000 miles later. Interestingly a puncture repair is cheaper in Campbeltown than in Leicestershire!

On hols last summer in the west of Scotland I got a nail in a tyre and then a bolt in the same tyre two hours after it ha been repaired! Is that a record.

Fortunately both were clean penetrations towards the centre of the tyre and were repaired by tyre centres. The tyre is still going strong 6 months / 4,000 miles later. Interestingly a puncture repair is cheaper in Campbeltown than in Leicestershire!
That's the Scots for you.:D

• Agree
Reactions: DM
Commiserations. Happens all the time here. I have £80 tyres on now rather than the £280 ones I used to have, no discernible difference!

I read the manual and I don't think it makes it clear at all.....once you've been pointed in the right direction it's ok! I had my true replaced on the drive and all four true pressures checked but my warning light is still illuminated

I read the manual and I don't think it makes it clear at all.....once you've been pointed in the right direction it's ok! I had my true replaced on the drive and all four true pressures checked but my warning light is still illuminated
Have you reset the tyre pressures on the dashboard? The warning light won't go out until you do.

Believe me - I'm an expert now! As I am at using the jack, changing a wheel and fitting / removing the sparesafe :D.

Last edited:
Everytime the Tyre Pressure Warning light is activated then it will stay ON until reset. It is a "Latching" alarm i.e.: has to be reset after activation.

Have you reset the tyre pressures on the dashboard? The warning light won't go out until you do.

Believe me - I'm an expert now! As I am at using the jack, changing a wheel and fitting / removing the sparesafe :D.
Everytime the Tyre Pressure Warning light is activated then it will stay ON until reset. It is a "Latching" alarm i.e.: has to be reset after activation.
Welsh Gas/DM is resetting on the dashboard something I can do.....slowly training as a mechanic thanks to this forum!!

Welsh Gas/DM is resetting on the dashboard something I can do.....slowly training as a mechanic thanks to this forum!!
@Gail seavor this may vary a bit depending upon model. I have a T6 204 DSP. Mine is done from the Steering Whelan controls and MFD.

When you are happy that all 4 tyre pressures are correct:

Select the SETTINGS menu
Scroll down to Tyre Pressure
Press OK
Select Store and then Confirm and press OK.

If that doesn't work for you then check your manual. It may be different on a 102.

Back