Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

NE1 replaced rubber floor with vinyl?

C

Confuserated

VIP Member
Hi all

Just wondering if anyone here has taken out the existing Cali rubber spotty floor and replaced it with a proper, easy-wipe vinyl in whatever effect?

Seems like a better idea than carpet so just wondered why no-one has mentioned it :thanks

To be honest, the Cali floor is good a hard wearing... our has taken a beating over 4 years (Dogs, bikes & diving gear) and has held up incredibly well.

It's a bit of a pain the clean, best I've found is Flash and a good scrubbing brush. (Proper low tech ;) ) and it still comes up like new... Keep meaning to try the steam cleaner.

Not quite as good as my 11 year old Multivan... similar flooring, a little easier to clean but harder wearing in some ways.

I can however see the attraction of an easy wipe clean surface like normal flooring vinyl, but I'd have changed it a couple of times with the beating mine takes.

Rgds

Mark

Thanks for the response,

It's just that everyone seems to say it gets grubby a bit too easy, even the dealer I spoke to!

I was thinking of something like amtico flooring only not so thick, it's really tough and easy to clean.

Back