Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Nearly Wild Camping

Norfolk Jim

Norfolk Jim

Trying to retire but there's always one last job..
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Just came across this website which sounds interesting and for only £24 a year I may join it to give other options. ANyone else on here a member??

Just came across this website which sounds interesting and for only £24 a year I may join it to give other options. ANyone else on here a member??

lol... will add it to my list! Sites popping up everywhere, I think I have 14 so far!

Have you ever used the CL or CS sites offered by the Caravan and Motorhome Club or Caravan and Camping Club respectively?

I use the Camperstop app on my phone, really handy more so on the Continent, 7 euros a year and it saves me hundreds

Have you ever used the CL or CS sites offered by the Caravan and Motorhome Club or Caravan and Camping Club respectively?
Yes - we constantly do. In fact on our trip in late September I think 3 out of the 6 are small CL's. One really nice one near Gosforth near Egremont will be our final stop on way home. You can order breafast or afternoon tea there!!!!

I use the Camperstop app on my phone, really handy more so on the Continent, 7 euros a year and it saves me hundreds
We may do when we advenre abroad in future. We've often also used one called Archies Cmpings which covers Europe

Yes - we constantly do. In fact on our trip in late September I think 3 out of the 6 are small CL's. One really nice one near Gosforth near Egremont will be our final stop on way home. You can order breafast or afternoon tea there!!!!
Gosforth? The Bakery does good sandwiches at lunchtime! I work quite close to there.

Hi WelshGas,
In your opinion which of the 2 clubs offers the best selection of "nearly wild camping" type sites? Presumably the Camping Club?

Hi WelshGas,
In your opinion which of the 2 clubs offers the best selection of "nearly wild camping" type sites? Presumably the Camping Club?
I've found CAMC has had best selection

Hi WelshGas,
As said CAMC.

Hi

CL or CS Help?
Certified Location - CMH Club

Certified Site - C & C Club.

Liscenced by the relevant organisation - Minimum standards were , No more than 5 pitches + Fresh Water and Waste Disposal, but many have more facilities.

I wouldn't pay £24 for information which is available free via Internet from such as Pitchup and many groups on Facebook!

The chap seems to have negotiated with some land owners so won't necessarily be on pitch up or Facebook

I had a quick butchers at the website…… seems a good idea but a tad pricey I think. Any examples of real price for two people/one night?

Back