Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Need to mute control panel alarms

mikebravo

mikebravo

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

I’m going away on holiday in a few days but still have a fault displaying with the roof (fault code 1000). I am planning to replace the sensors to overcome the fault but the replacement sensors still haven’t arrived from Lithuania. So now I’m gonna be stuck with a noisy control panel, sounding off every few minutes about the roof being open, the whole time I’m driving on holiday. My current solution is to drive with the camping kit fuse removed but this means the fridge will be off while I’m driving, which is not ideal. I thought the ideal answer would be to disengage the speaker in the control panel somehow and I wondered if anyone has managed to achieve this before? Do you know how this could be done?

It’s a bit of a long shot, I know, but I thought I’d ask the question any way.

Thanks

I never worked out how to do this. Asked a while ago. The chimes go until you get to a certain mph. V annoying but I did a short holiday with it and got used to it.
You could put freezer blocks in the fridge for long journeys.

I never worked out how to do this. Asked a while ago. The chimes go until you get to a certain mph. V annoying but I did a short holiday with it and got used to it.
You could put freezer blocks in the fridge for long journeys.
Freezer blocks is a good idea for the journey out. Thanks

Back