Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New Beach anyone?

I think someones got too much time on their hands.

The sliding door has disappeared and the fuel flap and EHU socket have appeared to the O/S (UK).

This is the trouble with the Beach. You never know which side the door is going to be on when you get back after a few lemonades at the pub.

No such issues with the Ocean, you can rely on the door always being on the offside. (Unless you've really had a skin full.)

And the awning also may not be where you left it. Mind you, dependant on where the sun is, this inconsistency might work in your favour.

;)

PS the VW Commercial Vehicles sign is the right way round in all the photos!

PS the VW Commercial Vehicles sign is the right way round in all the photos!
If you look at photos 1, 3 and 4, the shadow suggests that the sun is facing the front of the van. The van has been stuck onto the same VW Commercial Vehicles backdrop in each of those photos.

If you look at photos 1, 3 and 4, the shadow suggests that the sun is facing the front of the van. The van has been stuck onto the same VW Commercial Vehicles backdrop in each of those photos.
Nonsense! The door etc have obviously changed sides, a known issue with the Beach version of the California! ;)

PS this is why they couldn't put a kitchen in it. :D

I'm just curious how they've done it. Not being a wiz with anything photoshopy I struggle to understand this sort of thing. I ask my eight year old grandson tomorrow. He'll know.
I agree that the background in the snaps you mentioned appears to have been added.

Last edited:
Nonsense! The door etc have obviously changed sides, a known issue with the Beach version of the California! ;)
The Beach is versatile but not quite that versatile. Mind you a door on both sides would help.

I'm just curious how they've done it.
They have two photographs, one of the van and one of the background. Very carefully with scissors they cut around the van, then using glue they stick the van onto the background. They photograph the new picture, and once the Kodak Express shop has processed the film and printed the picture, they scan the fake picture then upload it to the internet. Clearly, photograph #4 was on transparent film and someone accidentally stuck it on the wrong way round.

I really don't believe @motacyclist 's nonsense about the Beach's door changing sides.

They have used a " Numptie " who thinks he knows what he is doing in Photoshop.
xxl_kfz53809816_kfz_53809816_4.jpg

But check here/

Screenshot 2018-10-12 at 02.16.37.jpg

He has flipped the image - but not the Decal.

And here- correctly flipped including Decal.

rev2.jpg

Or as it was originally,

Rev3.jpg

Rev3.jpg

Last edited:
also funny looking Green

That price though! And without parking heater or comfort dash.

I'm paying less than that for a properly new (with dash) one albeit mine is in a timeless zone between the VW factory and me.

I guess the lack of new stock really is pushing prices up. That or the magic doors :)

They have two photographs, one of the van and one of the background. Very carefully with scissors they cut around the van, then using glue they stick the van onto the background. They photograph the new picture, and once the Kodak Express shop has processed the film and printed the picture, they scan the fake picture then upload it to the internet. Clearly, photograph #4 was on transparent film and someone accidentally stuck it on the wrong way round.

I really don't believe @motacyclist 's nonsense about the Beach's door changing sides.
Nice try and seems plausible to fossil like me but me thinks the days of scissors and glue are well and truely over.

Or as it was originally,

rev3-jpg.38863
Possibly, but I don't think so because if that is right, they've flipped the background (and re-flipped "Commercial Vehicles") here:
xxl_kfz53809816_kfz_53809816_3.jpg

and here:
xxl_kfz53809816_kfz_53809816_1.jpg

My scissors and glue explanation is more plausible, though @Borris is probably right, and they use electronic scissors and virtual glue now.

I also note that they have sprayed some white paint on the inside of the far side windows so you cannot see through the vehicle and identify the background behind.

It's just one photo (number 4) that has been mistakenly flipped left to right when pasting onto the background.

It's just one photo (number 4) that has been mistakenly flipped left to right when pasting onto the background.
I realise that - I was responding to @WelshGas 's theory that the entire photo may have been flipped, and his reconstruction of how the original photo #4 might have looked.

I'm not so interested in how they did it, but why? Why go to all that effort rather than just turning the vehicle round? Perhaps it won't start.